blue force gear

mattsa80
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has anyone had experience with the blue force gear ten speed triple m4 mag pouch? Im liking the idea of open top pouches over velcro or elastic that I currently run. Im considering doing an open topped triple with inserts and a triple blue force like green mountain rangers just without the massive ego trip and cheating that they have :-) I thought they looked like something a bit different so just wondering if anyone's tried em out. Cheers :-)

• Supporters

I've got the Chinese copies ;) bugger paying £70 for 2 pouches to carry 5 mags :P

• Supporters

• Supporters

Couldn't make any comment either way on the clone stuff, but the BFG TenSpeeds are a very impressive line of pouches. They stopped producing them with the cordura backings a while ago so all the real deal stuff you'll see in stock should have the hypalon 'Helium Whisper' attachment, which makes them pretty much weigh as close to nothing as makes no odds.

They can suffer some slight issues when used with airsoft magazines rather than real ones, because the area of an airsoft mag that goes in to the gun tends to have strange pointy bits (especially EBB/GBB rifle mags) that a RS mag doesn't have and those points can get snagged on the pouch when inserting. They do make an ideal triple pouch to layer on top of a more traditional shingle or a kangaroo setup like the 6094, Mayflower APC or TAG Banshee (to give some common examples) because it's there when you need the extra capacity but as soon as there's no mags inside the pouch sits completely flat, whereas a cordura pouch would obviously still be there sticking out regardless of being filled or not.

In my experience using them for a couple of years now I've found they're by far best suited to a loadout that includes a dump pouch because they weigh so little, are quick to draw mags out of yet offer 100% reliable retention without any lids or bungee loops. The problem that comes about as a result of one of their advantages is that because they sit so flat when empty, they're tricky to put mags back in to, certainly at any speed. When I use them I'll just fill them up in the safe zone, then only take mags out of them during a game; either to go in to the gun or the speed reload pouch on my belt.

Sounds good :-) if I were to get a ten speed triple what would you recommend using as a base triple pouch so I can run 6 mags up front? I have a flyye rav plate carrier in khaki currently with a twin mag triple pouch flyye setup on the front in the middle. Its just a bit fiddly if I need a quick reload and not exactly quiet if im trying to keep my noise down.

• Supporters

Pretty much any conventional type of shingle with PALS on the front will work. If you're using a TenSpeed you might as well get something light (i.e. 500D instead of the more common 1000) but unless you've got money to burn on shipping items from 2 different places (which you may have, but it's quite up to you) it all depends where you intend to buy the TenSpeed from.

Archived