Changing M58B stock.

boothya

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I don't realy get it ? The m58b is a cheep gun... Why would you try to put a stock onto it? ... Why not just get a "franchis sas 12" or some other gun that comes with a stock?

But to answor your question:

No I don't belive anyone makes a flex stock for it. So buying one is not an option ...

Yes there is a way ... The back part of the m58b is round and flat (And I do belive that you could fit a nut inside it ) so drilling a hole and using nuts and bolts you should be able to attach an m4 ajustable stock... (But i havent tried it my self so no promis) ... The "franchis sas 12" flexi stock may also fit the gun in the same manor ....

So the short answor: If you are a real handy man then yes ofcause it can be done ....

But if I'm correct then a more apropiate question would be: Can you fit one without using more than the hole gun costs.

And I gues you could doo it (I thing the m4 stock will doo) but the cost would be like 50 - 75% that of a new gun with a stock ...

So my recomendations: Spend the mony on a gun with a stock instead ....

Exactly ... And the m58b is not exactly a colectors item... So i realy can't se the point...

Perhaps you "boothya" could tell why you wan't to do this? Is is because you like the 58, and want to improve it? Or is it to save money?

You must be able to get them as a RIF, here is an IF http://www.forestfly.com/proddetail.asp?ProdID=5589&ParID=86&CatID=280&Buy=Mossberg-Pump-Action-Clear-Airsoft-BB-Shotgun it has the full stock you want on it, and its cheap. (Never heard of the seller, just linked the first one I seen.)

this is what i want it to end up resembling.

Ah yeah sorry you want an m4 style stock. Pretty sure your going to have to build that yourself.

Well, i guess i'm no better becasue I have a cheap Bison c401b shotgun myself. But I don't really use it anymore.

For the m4 stock.... well.... you'll kinda need to do that yourself or buy a cheap shotgun that has an m4 stock although I wouldn't do that because it won't be worth the money. You are genuinely better off buying this.

Unfortunately, this is as close as you're going to get to with an m4 stock but this gun is well worth the money http://www.geniestuff.co.uk/bb-multi-shot-shotgun-airsoft-m56dl-two-tone-tactical.htm

Well worth the money? You joking? I had one of those a few years ago, it would only work if you put 0.12g BBs in it, and the entire weapon was plastic!

I'm sure G&P make M870 style spring shottys with retractable stocks like the M4's, but there we're talking over £180 (which could get you a pretty decent starter AEG with mags, batteries etc.)

Ah yeah sorry you want an m4 style stock. Pretty sure your going to have to build that yourself.

Yep.. And as I said in my first post, i thing it's actuaraly not that hard to attach an m4 stock to the end. Use nuds and bolts, or perhaps just get an industrial glue and stick in on. You can get god indurtrial 2 component glue in any builders marked (I DK anyways) that will be almost as durable as if it was attached from the factory....

But if i was you i would ask arround if someone has an old (extra) stock lying around that you can get cheep... So you don't spend 40$ and end up with a brand new broken stock ...

Cool project by the way B) ... Now with the picture and all I kinda get why you asked ...

If you do try to add a stock your self take some pictures and tell me how you did it!

• Supporters

This isn't it exactly, but I think it's the closest you're going to get without paying for a G&P which may then need to be modded to get the stock angle correct and, depending on which one you use as the base gun for the project, possibly some mods to get rid of rails, RAS kits & mounts, etc

The Maruzen CA870 is actually a really effective gun. Maruzen blessed the gun with the Essences of Slaan'esh,lord of chaos,Nurgal,lord of death and suffering and Khorne,God of blood,thus making it usable in the field!

I actually considered getting one as a side arm,but it's too expensive and spare parts,while being possible to find thanks to Pulse Japan,are expensive and still hard to find.

• 1 month later...

Yep.. And as I said in my first post, i thing it's actuaraly not that hard to attach an m4 stock to the end. Use nuds and bolts, or perhaps just get an industrial glue and stick in on. You can get god indurtrial 2 component glue in any builders marked (I DK anyways) that will be almost as durable as if it was attached from the factory....

But if i was you i would ask arround if someone has an old (extra) stock lying around that you can get cheep... So you don't spend 40$ and end up with a brand new broken stock ...

Cool project by the way B) ... Now with the picture and all I kinda get why you asked ...

If you do try to add a stock your self take some pictures and tell me how you did it!

Well worth the money? You joking? I had one of those a few years ago, it would only work if you put 0.12g BBs in it, and the entire weapon was plastic

Mine broke recently, I think it had worked fine for about a year but then again, I didn't use if much.

It worked fine with .2s though, and sure it's plastic but the build quality is acceptable and what I expected for it.

Besides it's the cheapest tri-shot I've seen (I think mine was ~£40) and a much more wallet friendly alternative to the gas shotguns you can buy, which are much more effective (and cooler) but way more expensive.

I also couldn't find any good shells for it. Went into Patrol Base and bought the ASG pack of (4 I think) shells for £10. All but one jammed over time and in fact I don't think half of them worked straight away out of the box. Plus, you have to disassemble them to fix it.

Honestly though it wasn't a bad gun, just needed to get the pistol grip or full stock version because the adjustable stock is another big problem.

Managed to fit the stock from a m47d1 onto the m58b.

It looks cool :-) Could you perhaps send me some "high detailed" minimum 700x700pixel pictures of how you managed? And a small description...

Then i will put it "As kind of a guide" on my airsoft page http://Airsoft.Spells.dk

.... Send it to [email protected]

• 4 months later...

Hey buddy i doubt u'll even get this as it's so long ago i'm new to airsoft and I've just bought a M58b shot gun which I want to attach a M4 stock to like you have basically like what that other guy said I want it to look like a shot gun out of the walking dead TV series & as i thought myself the grip is detachable i just need to know where i can get the grip & stock from? & how easy easy was it to fit? Any info would b much appreciated thanks

also a bump does anyone know where to get a short stock as i broke the one on my super 90 and whilst ive been given a long one that does the job ideally i want a shorty...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.