The future of our hobby/sport... so called prank video

clumpyedge
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Monty just posted this video as a status update (hope you dont mind me stealing it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjQyjrrs_mQ

what are peoples views on how the sport will continue if people can do things like this and pretty much not have any comeback (so far as i can gather)

pretty much anyone can buy a paintball gun and bb guns from a few websites (ebay etc) plus local dodgy markets.

people like this are lucky they don't get themselves killed, and as the comments go you can see the moronic people that think this is also funny! makes me wonder if they could go down the road of saying we should have to hold full firearms licenses even just for airsoft guns if this is what people are prepared to do as a "joke"

just wondered other peoples thoughts especially after the thread about the young lad getting shot in america.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, hopefully this isn't a regular thing. An example needs to be set by arresting these twonks.

i'm actually up for some sort of RIF licensing if I feel it is needed to preserve the future of this sport from being banned by the government.

The guns need to be controlled more closely and corner shops/markets should not be able to sell bb/airsoft guns. i think it should be down to official vendors who know what they're doing.

The guy should get charged for doing what he did.

its funny though as I am just new to the sport, and just bought my first RIF's last week and everyone I know keeps asking me if i need to have a licence or keep them in a gun box. So clearly the generally public just dont know the difference.

The whole point if something being labelled a RIF is that people can't tell the difference. Though I agree this was a stupid thing to do the fact is our government dealt with this through the VCRA. What isn't being done as well in some areas is enforcement of this act. Enforcement costs money, police resources or enforcement officers cost money, our government doesn't have any money spare to essentially police toy guns while they cannot stop actual firearms being smuggled into the UK. Imagine the headline from the Mail "Police waste money in raiding toy shops while Illigal Immagrants rape swans!" I think Airsoft is safe for now and if someone gets shot for acting like this then the gene pool could do with tidying up!

• Supporters

Without the oxygen of publicity this moron will just disappear into obscurity where he belongs. He's only getting attention at the minute because he's associated his video with CoD:Ghosts. If anything he's more likely to bring the ire of the Daily Mail upon video games (again...yawn).

• Supporters

That bloke is clearly a total penis and needs a nicking. I wonder if he realises that what he has done there is not only a criminal offence but, depending on what exactly he is charged with, could carry a life sentence.

What depresses me however is the way you lot have kneejerk reacted that we need more law... What would you say if you saw video of a child being run down by a car at 28mph in a built up area? We need to reduce the speed limit? Make it more difficult to get a driving licence? Well, kids are being run over many times per year...

We have entirely adequate law to deal with this pillock. All we or anybody else needs is for it to be applied, for him to get arrested and prosecuted.

1000 dislikes of his response video and this guy gets shot wearing nothing but his undies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EMuRHwtVME

Log on and DISLIKE. Now.

• Supporters

Fuck it. There's a cop shop at the top of the road I live on. I'm off up there with my lappy...

Unfortunately if there is deemed to be a problem with RIFs and the Police don't have the resources to enforce the current legislation the Govt is liable to just ban all sales of RIfs even 2 tone and make it an offence to own them.

That way the law becomes a lot cheaper to enforce, just confiscate the lot.

Yes because disliking someone's YouTube video is going to help.

No. But it would be nice to see him take a few hits though.

• Supporters

Well that's the Tories: tough on crime. The cop shop has closed its counter. Still, it took me 10mins to limp there so 'in for a penny', i went the extra 0.6 of a mile to the Central Police Station...

I reported it as a string of firearms offences which may also be threats to kill, because the latter can get you lifed off so it may attract more resources to investigate the case. The girl on the counter wasn't impressed, but so what? I've done all I can do...

With any luck those coppers in the film can be easily identified, so they'll have the area pinpointed. A quick email to YouTube will give them the IP Address from where it was uploaded and there are clear face stills which can be taken from it - photo's posted on the wall in the local nick/s may get them arrested. I hope so. The utter bellends!

• Supporters

nice one ian

Thank you.

I have to say that I have an issue with grassing, but I think grassing only counts when it's 'us against them' (and if anyone doesn't know what that means, you're probably 'them'). In a case where some penis has scared the life out of an old dear, and you can't see that justice is done personally, I reckon involving the old bill is fair enough.

Monty just posted this video as a status update (hope you dont mind me stealing it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjQyjrrs_mQ

what are peoples views on how the sport will continue if people can do things like this and pretty much not have any comeback (so far as i can gather)

pretty much anyone can buy a paintball gun and bb guns from a few websites (ebay etc) plus local dodgy markets.

people like this are lucky they don't get themselves killed, and as the comments go you can see the moronic people that think this is also funny! makes me wonder if they could go down the road of saying we should have to hold full firearms licenses even just for airsoft guns if this is what people are prepared to do as a "joke"

just wondered other peoples thoughts especially after the thread about the young lad getting shot in america.

well, its in the UK and he has his face on display in the video, so hopefully he will be prosecuted. Luckily it was done with a paintball marker so hopefully it wont affect us.

1000 dislikes of his response video and this guy gets shot wearing nothing but his undies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EMuRHwtVME

Log on and DISLIKE. Now.

playing on his terms and giving them more publicity.

Well that's the Tories: tough on crime. The cop shop has closed its counter. Still, it took me 10mins to limp there so 'in for a penny', i went the extra 0.6 of a mile to the Central Police Station...

I reported it as a string of firearms offences which may also be threats to kill, because the latter can get you lifed off so it may attract more resources to investigate the case. The girl on the counter wasn't impressed, but so what? I've done all I can do...

With any luck those coppers in the film can be easily identified, so they'll have the area pinpointed. A quick email to YouTube will give them the IP Address from where it was uploaded and there are clear face stills which can be taken from it - photo's posted on the wall in the local nick/s may get them arrested. I hope so. The utter bellends!

Was it a PC at the desk or was it a civilian?

Did you ask for a crime number?

If it hasn't been logged and given a number they won't do anything.

If you think you were fobbed off ask to see the duty Inspector.

And by watching it he'll get money and I would bet a considerable sum they won't ban IFs or RIFs because I imagine they bring in a decent bit of tax. I bought a new gun from a shop 20% of that is tax minimum, I was in the shop for about an hour and saw at least 3 other sales so again 20% tax on those, the firm that delivered them will pay tax, the firm that imported them will of paid tax, the ship that docked will of paid a huge fee. As far as I know no one has been killed brandishing an airsoft gun in public so why would they outright ban them?

And by watching it he'll get money and I would bet a considerable sum they won't ban IFs or RIFs because I imagine they bring in a decent bit of tax. I bought a new gun from a shop 20% of that is tax minimum, I was in the shop for about an hour and saw at least 3 other sales so again 20% tax on those, the firm that delivered them will pay tax, the firm that imported them will of paid tax, the ship that docked will of paid a huge fee. As far as I know no one has been killed brandishing an airsoft gun in public so why would they outright ban them?

"I would bet a considerable sum they won't ban IFs or RIFs because I imagine they bring in a decent bit of tax."

Whatever he gets from the video is peanuts to the government, even if he paid it all to them.

"As far as I know no one has been killed brandishing an airsoft gun in public so why would they outright ban them?"

I am afraid this is a quite naive view. I don't really want to go into it deeper, can't bother the long debates.

As for the 20% tax, it's VAT; which is only charged at retail. Again, the government got plenty of other people they can harass to get cash. Not that they seem to care much, as they keep on spending money they do not have.

Also if it's reported for breaking YouTube terms and conditions the whole channel would be shut down and possibly reported to the police

I'd say give the police a chance to have a look at it first. I am sure they can view deleted youtube videos, but it's just a lot easier for them if it's still online.

I do apologise if I sound a bit harsh, no offence meant.

Aplogies as im on my phone I can't quote but I missed a full stop, I meant that the sale of airsoft guns brings in tax. No offence taken, ny hastily put point was that there are more dangerous ( I can't think of a better word than this sorry :D ) passtimes that people do than airsoft, for example driving that the government could spend time and money on trying to make safer. I'd say at least 90% of the government isn't even aware that airsoft exists in the form we know it.

As I've said before in the eyes of the government this has been dealt with under the VCRA and at the moment they have bigger fish to fry !

Because when the tabloids pick this up they will whip up 'outrage' that replica guns are on the streets and use this video as am example and so on.

As ever the Govt will want to keep the Tabloids on side and be seen to be doing something.

Banning weapons is always good for the Tabloids.

Hoodies with guns terrorising the locals!

• Supporters

Was it a PC at the desk or was it a civilian?

Did you ask for a crime number?

If it hasn't been logged and given a number they won't do anything.

If you think you were fobbed off ask to see the duty Inspector.

She had a uniform on and something on her epaulettes like "Information Officer" as well as a number, so i dunno if she was a PC or some kind of special or whatever.

No, I completely forgot about crime numbers. TBH I was feeling pretty uncomfortable being there at all... I'll phone them up 2moz and ask to speak to the dude/tte

Archived