G&P M14 DMR - or - APS AMP M40A3 - or - ASG AW338

Pritchasaurus
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys

Firstly I know that you are going to think that i am 'just another kid who wants to be a sniper', well i have played with a aeg now for about a year so i know what its like. Any i was wondering if you could tell me what you think is better and what you would choose and reasons, any other suggestions would be good too. I know that the G&P is the best although i still like the bolt action system.

Thanks

P.S - I will be looking to upgrade.

DMR -

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/M14-DMR-Foliage-Green-OR-AEG-G-P-GP_AEG053FG.html

M40A3 -

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/APS-APM-M40A3-Sniper-Rifle_A1DFIT.aspx#.UnVbw_mD6iU

AW338 -

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog/ASG-SportLine-AW-.338-Sniper-Rifle--Special-Offer-Package--AS17242.html#.UnaiDPmD6iU

• Supporters

G&P M14:

I'm getting a different version of one of these soon. G&P as a brand are good, realistic trademarks, very good external quality, and pretty decent internal quality.

It's TM compatible, so there is a wide range of parts available to upgrade it. Only downside is the motor is proprietary, the only ones that'll fit without modification are the G&P M120 DMR motor (comes with this installed) and the G&P M160 DMR motor, which I only see one problem with: the M160 is hard to find in stock anywhere. Read somewhere that the M120 and M160 in the motor names means that they'll be able to pull an M120 or M160 spring respectively on stock gear ratios.

This one will be the hardest to upgrade, with it being an AEG rather than spring, so you have a gearbox to take apart and put back together each time you look at it. But, it's an M14, so has a nice strong gearbox that'll hold 500 FPS quite easily, if you upgrade the motor, gears, and most other things with it.

APS M40A3:

I love the look of the gun, after a little search, I'll sum up what I've found to be good and bad.

Good:

- VSR compatible (excluding trigger sear).

- Quite cheap.

Bad:

- Stock is wobbly as it can be taken apart.

- Stock hop is bad, and VSR hop would need to be filed to fit it properly.

Not sure on how easily you'll be able to upgrade to 500 FPS, but if the VSR parts fit properly, it'll be an easy job, although some parts will probably need modification.

Review/Take-down guide: http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/44-others/4301-hakkotsu-m40a3-take-down-guide-general-compatibility.html

ASG AW338:

I'd say avoid it, never used or seen one in person, but I've not read many good things about any airsoft L96s with realistic magazine placement.

The feeding mechanism is generally pretty bad. If you want an L96, I'd suggest the Well MB01 and upgrade it with either ASPUK or PDI/LayLax parts.

If you get the Well, it'll be easily upgradeable to 500 FPS, and you'll probably have the least problems with it overall.

Which one would I choose?

I have chosen the M14 DMR, because I already have a spring sniper. If I didn't, then I would (and did) go for a Well L96, because it's a nice-looking gun, and has a nice range of upgrades available.

• Supporters

Fair enough, you can never be certain with them.

The ASG has the mag in the correct place, the only rifle that has that is the Ares one, it can't be anything else. Though you're right most can be hard to tell without handling them in person- unless you just know :lol:

ASG AW338=Ares AW338,according to the guys at the local shop and some people on reddit.

So it's best to avoid that one.

The APS M40 has some QC issues,lots of burrs on castings,poor castings in general and some bad QC.

G&P m14 DMR-It's a TM m14 clone. It's very accurate. It has a nice gearbox. It likes upgrades,a lot. I hear it's getting pretty popular as an upgrade platform it has higher external quality than the CYMA and JG m14 and it's not that much expensive.

I'd say get the G&P.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived