My first gun?

Lord_Metile
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough, however I'd go for a G&G Combat Machine- they're very trusted and extremely cost effective for a new player. G&G are actually one of the leading manufacturers in terms of innovation at the moment: http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/m4_and_m14_variants.html

• Supporters

much better :D

i think i see why you went with this, as you get a battery, charger, and basic eye protection included. I would still advise a G&G, as with zero one you do get a massave warranty etc ;)

I gotta admit Cheeky vimto, I do prefer the none railed MP5's! :S

Stand by me in solidarity, fellow purist! We will keep our MP5s and G3s the way H&K wanted them! :D

But yeah, i'd still go with the G&G. I don't know a lot about classic army, but as it's sportline it'll be plastic- G&G's Combat Machine range are also plastic, but i'd trust their Nylon Fibre a lot more than any other manufacturer's plastic

railed +mp5s are fugly, but can be darn practical.

Get a G&G Combat Machine, not much more, and at least 5x better! :D

not sure you got your maths correct here thou. five times zero still equals zero.

but yea, I've heard tons of good about G&G CM, if I'd been an m4 guy I'd prob own at least one.

good choice, from some of your other posts, I take it you have hired several time, are you old enough to sign up for ukara yet if so wait so you don't have a crappy coloured gun.

why not get a combat machine and post a swap add for a fixed stock? or buy one second hand / Hong Kong? Just make sure either to tell the store not to two tone the stock.

classic army is rock solid, but I haven't heard a lot good about their sportline thou.

I have to agree that the G&G guns look awesome. I plan to get one myself as soon as I am on the Ukara database. There is an argument for getting a dirt cheap gun to last the 2 months until then. You don't want to have to 2 tone a decent gun, but if you skirmish every week at £20 a time rental you can spend that money on a gun that will do the job as a temporary fix.

I myself bought one of these: http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/mprxda1-h-k-mp6-sd5-aeg-us-navy-seals.html#.UnZ4RHCuzac

Its not very robust but it does shoot very well and for £85 it will do the job until I can get a nice G&G ebb MP5. I have saved almost half the cost of the gun in rental in just over a week already. I would not consider a gun in this price bracket as a long term main gun but as a stop gap measure to then become a backup spare, why not? The main problems I have had with this particular gun is that the catch on the retractable stock is not strong enough so I had to reinforce it by glueing a 2p onto it and the high cap mag it came with failed (luckily as I plan to stick to MP5's I had invested in some mid caps).

It should be noted that this gun is much higher fps than the cheap guns linked earlier in this thread and I wouldn't have considered any of them.

Now I just need to work out how to add loads of rails to it :D

• Supporters

The guys are right, the cheap polymer G&G's are v good for the price.

Don't go and spend.. well; a lot of money on a weapon until you find out if you would prefer to be a sniper or assault.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

No_Sniper_Rifles.jpg

...ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

You do not want to be an airsoft sniper, even if you like the sniper role in games, or films, etc. It's a whole different kettle of fish in airsoft and it costs a lot of money for even the cheapest upgrades necessary to improve a stock gun so that it will be at the minimum standard needed to compete in a skirmish. Play for at least a year before you consider trying out sniping.

Now theres a guy who doesnt like snipers :P
I'm gonna do the hunteering course next summer, so I'll be sniping a little at the our next games day, it was CQC this week so I didnt get chance to use the L96 I got the other week.

I like to mix it up, so I dont get fed up of the same weapon.

• Supporters

Classic Army seem to have a good rep. The only stuff from them which I have is G36 mid cap mags, so it's no use in deciding whether or not to buy one of their guns, but they are excellent :lol: An obvious potential downside with that M16 (apart from the fact that it's an AR15 variant), which I spot just from looking at it, is that it is a fair bit longer than the average for assault rifles, so it will be more awkward in tight spaces and, unless you're a big lad, may well give you arm ache from holding it to your shoulder faster than a shorter AEG would. But then the deets: 250 FPS - no. Just no. Under no circumstances is this going to cut it on a woodland site.

A free battery and charger is always nice, but it doesn't say what make of battery and the charger will be a non-smart trickle type - you could get at least as good a battery and better charger for about £20. Basic Safety Glasses means polycarbonate lens/frame combo which do not seal close to your face but fog up easily anyway, and they scratch pretty easily too - they are worth nothing when comparing deals. No mention of what make the 500 BB's are, but 3000 for £8 is an average on-site cost, so let's say £1.33. A basic sling will not last long - either a/the clip/s will bend or the strap will bunch in one or both of the D-rings and bend it/them, assuming the stitching doesn't give out before this can happen, hence value = £1.00 tops. A skirmish voucher is worth about £20-25, but if you're comparing against a Combat Machine from Zero One you'll get a voucher anyway.

Get a Combat Machine mate, unless you want an AK, in which case get a CYMA, or a G36, in which case get an SRC Gen 3.

Check this out too.

• Supporters

Now theres a guy who doesnt like snipers :P

No, not at all. I've upgraded a sniper rifle recently so that it's good enough to actually use and now I'm learning to use what little I know about field craft and camo combined with my expanding experience of shooting it to play the sniper role. I've been at it since NAE13 23-25 Aug, and as of now, by the standards of reliable airsoft snipers, I'm shit. By the standards of noobs turning up to their 4th-5th skirmish with an out of the box VSR or L96, I'm a ninja :lol:

look around on here at the G&G guns http://www.fire-support.co.uk/ you can't go far wrong with them.

The guys are right, the cheap polymer G&G's are v good for the price.

Get a G&G Combat Machine, not much more, and at least 5x better!

G&G Top Tech (the creme de la creme of airsoft)

G&G Combat Machine- they're very trusted and extremely cost effective for a new player. G&G are actually one of the leading manufacturers in terms of innovation at the moment

I would still advise a G&G,

but yea, I've heard tons of good about G&G CM, if I'd been an m4 guy I'd prob own at least one.

I have to agree that the G&G guns look awesome. I plan to get one myself as soon as I am on the Ukara database.

Get a Combat Machine mate

G&G should sponsor us. People are going to start thinking we all work PR for them and make a commission selling Combat Machines

also get a G&G Combat Machine as your first gun, I own one and have nothing but good things to say about it..

• Supporters

Not quite:

Get a Combat Machine mate, unless you want an AK, in which case get a CYMA, or a G36, in which case get an SRC Gen 3.

But yeah, Zero One ought to be giving us a 5% supporters discount and G&G ought to be giving us guns to give away regularly.

Hint: I want a GK99

Archived