My first gun?

Lord_Metile
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey, I'm thinking of starting airsoft. As a hobby but may consider it as a sport. I just wanted to know is the a17 a good gun to start with. (Sorry if I seem kinda stupid) because I don't want to spend too much but at minimum requirment. Will it be good? Thanks

-Nik

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guys are right, the cheap polymer G&G's are v good for the price.

Don't go and spend.. well; a lot of money on a weapon until you find out if you would prefer to be a sniper or assault.

I'm in the same boat of looking a various weapons and while I am certainly set on an assault rifle I find myself swing from M14's to M16's to AK's and so on! Choice is great until you have to make one!

£71.50 including a pistol and battery ? Toys R Us would struggle to match that.

Why would you want to spend £100 plus another £40-50 for a charger and battery when you can get that kind of offer ?

Probably fine as a toy gun in the garden.

The guys are right, the cheap polymer G&G's are v good for the price.

Don't go and spend.. well; a lot of money on a weapon until you find out if you would prefer to be a sniper or assault.

• Supporters

save you money buy a better main weapon ;)

i hate to say this but with airsoft you do get what you pay for, and almost all new sub £100 AEG's will not be robust enough to last a days skirmishing or 2. (aceptions to this rule are AEP's and shotties)

MP5s are just nasty railed, I draw the line at an electronic sight and an intimidating flash suppressor on mine :)

But yeah, when it comes to buying a first gun see if you can have a hold of some of the different styles and lines before making a decision which could be a mistake. Many airsofters will be happy to let you have a go with their gear and there's always the option of traveling to a shop and hearing their advice, as well as having a go with some of the demo guns there.

There's also the added problem of gear- you could put a £200 odd budget entirely toward a G&G Top Tech (the creme de la creme of airsoft) and have nothing left to buy face protection, spare mags, some sort of load carrying equipment, battery and charger, some boots to protect your ankles if you trip, and maybe some camo clothing.

Don't get that A17! Waste of money!
Get a G&G Combat Machine, not much more, and at least 5x better! :D
Also, yeah go a few times first. I'd say go 3 times, see if you like it, then get a G&G :P

+Those guns fire 205 fps... Unless it's Marui, stay away!
Oh, and the comment reviews are funny :L

Don't get that A17! Waste of money!

Get a G&G Combat Machine, not much more, and at least 5x better! :D

Also, yeah go a few times first. I'd say go 3 times, see if you like it, then get a G&G :P

+Those guns fire 205 fps... Unless it's Marui, stay away!

Oh, and the comment reviews are funny :L

Stay away from a TM?

I gotta admit Cheeky vimto, I do prefer the none railed MP5's! :S

Archived