A Hi from Guildford

Atto
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, and gals

Never good at writing intro's but here goes.

22 year old technician living in guildford. I would classify myself as a bit of a nerd, adventurous and a bit reckless. Have been interested in airsoft for.... Awhile but not really managed to pinpoint a time in the past year to play.

I'm interested in replica uniforms of various sci-fi programs, but don't currently have any collections of my own. If there are any groups out there who can help me with starting a collection and actually having a game please get in touch.

Atto

• Supporters

Unfortunately evike.com don't ship to the UK, but never fear...

Welcome to the forums, mate. Sci Fi nerd here too :)

This place do some gear and they will do custom uniforms if you can provide pics showing all the details you want reproduced (and much cheaper than any of the US sites.

Thanks, just had a browse very good, looks like I know what my next pay check is going on. Do you know of any groups or sites that actually play in the uniforms? I mean I have a few standard uniforms already, police, army, security, but can't seem to find any groups who actually run around in this stuff.

• Supporters

Oh your local sites will have plenty of people who have army uniforms and/or police tactical unit kit. I don't know of any groups who commonly skirmish in Sci Fi gear, but there is a thing called 'film sim' which is like airsoft but involves playing dead when you get hit and costumes in certain themes, but I'm not your man for the deets. Adam Bussey might be able to give you more info, off the top of my head.

BTW, we call our costume/uniform a loadout and unless specified on an airsoft site's webby, you can turn up wearing whatever you like. The only non-negotiables are eye protection and full face protection for young players. Most sites strongly recommend that you wear decent boots which support your ankles and I since they all reserve the right to refuse permission to anyone, I expect that if you turned up wearing something which the marshals considered would put you or anybody else at much greater risk of injury, they would say change it or go home. Some sites do have dress requirements, either generally or often for specific events. These tend to be general camo types or prevalent colour, rather than specific items, like woodland camo vs desert camo or green vs tan, special forces vs terrorists, cops/SWAT vs drug dealers. MilSim events often do have specific kit lists.

Just a heads up: do not buy from any website with BBguns in the name. They are all much of a muchness and known for exaggerated claims about guns, crap guns sold as 'professional', lies, poor customer service, little to non-existent customer support and selling low end guns far more expensively than they are worth. If you search this site you'll find plenty of examples of people talking about their bad experiences with them...

Hey guys, and gals

Never good at writing intro's but here goes.

22 year old technician living in guildford. I would classify myself as a bit of a nerd, adventurous and a bit reckless. Have been interested in airsoft for.... Awhile but not really managed to pinpoint a time in the past year to play.

I'm interested in replica uniforms of various sci-fi programs, but don't currently have any collections of my own. If there are any groups out there who can help me with starting a collection and actually having a game please get in touch.

Atto

Don't suppose you work for Alexander Dennis?

Cool thanks for the info Ian_gere, I'll drop the afore mentioned person a message. See where I get with it.

Gazm1, Alexander Dennis? I'm sorry the name doesn't ring any bells,

dont worry about it mate, company I work for has a plant there so just thought id ask

Archived