Help needed with choosing an Ak 47

havok
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All

Posting on behalf of my father in law. He is a big Ak 47 fan (i personally dont like them - please dont hate me!!!).

He has recently got into airsoft and has just got his UKARA. He is looking for a full AK. Metal and real wood.

Not being a fan i dont really know which one to advise. Soooooo what would be a good one. Budget wise he has about £200. He likes the blowback option but it is not a must have.

He has had his eye on a Cybergun but before he hits the purchace button i want hear from the masses if it is a good gun or is there is anything else out there that is better.

cheers in advance

Im not a fan of AKs really, but thats the good thing about the subject.

One mans poison etc.

Have a look at the G&G range which is a good gun and theres plenty of variety.

For £200 the G&G is faultless, however is not real wood and the metal is pot.

I wouldn't go for cyber gun as it will just be a cyma with trades and £50 more expensive, but the cyma is also a good runner being a very simplistic and easy design, and quite cheap.

If he wants to go the whole hog and get a gun strong enough to use as a step ladder, save up and get a real sword (my own personally preferred option) it will not let you down.

Actionhobbies and novatcombat for the cyma

Proairsoftsupplies and zerooneairsoft for the G&G

Proairsoftsupplies and I believe fire-support for the real sword (yes it is expensive but if you get to hold one you'll see that it is worth it)

When it comes to AKs in my Opinion,it's full steel or go home. But since it's a low budget..

For 200£,you can get a G&G RK47,full metal(Not full steel,Magnesium & Zinc or something like that) Blowback,great performance too. Not real wood though.

CYMA are pretty decent too. The CM048 has mostly steel parts,but there are some fragile pot metal parts like the sights,gas block and stock trunnion. Those can be easily replaced with steel LCT parts though.

Check these cheaper options out at Zero One or Airsoft world or Action hobbies

If you want a Multi Use AK that can be used as a jackhammer,chair,stepladder,axe,or some sort of sport equipment,check out the LCT AKM Real Asssembly and the Real Sword Type 56.. About 350£. Expensive,but full steel,with laminated wood,realistic takedown,overall bombproof construction. Beware that some LCTs in the UK are assembled by retailers from kits and can be shoddy. But Firesupport I think stock factory fresh ones. The LCT AK47 Real Assembly was a limited edition and very expensive because of lots of CNC parts.

Onto the Real Sword Type 56. It's a demilled Norinco Type 56 Body,a hybrid of the AKM and AK47,with internals jammed in by realsword in Hong Kong. It has probably one of,it not the strongest gearboxes around and fantastic construction. Although Norinco Tpye 56 Rifles in the real steel shooting world are pretty low end,for airsoft this is about the best you can get. It can take real steel external parts,everything apart from the receiver and barrel really.

Check out these guns at Pro Airsoft supplies and Fire support.

Pro Airsoft supplies also have the new G&G full steel RK series. These are essentially LCTs with a G&G Gen 3 Gearbox in them and an integrated battery in the handguard. Pricey but damn good.

Thank you all for the great responces.

Will look at the all of the different ones you have advised. I could get him to raise his budget for a decent one.

He has been looking at second hand ones so ive told him to be careful and not go for a deal that could be to good to be true,

I'e spent today trawling tinterweb for AK47's. The G&G CM RK47 looks like a decent place to start, metal receiver and blowback. £162 squid!

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/rk_47_blow_back.html

i personally dont like them - please dont hate me!!!

Sorry, I have no choice but to hate you if you don't like AKs

back on topic, yea got a bunch of CYMAs, the ones with number 042 and higher are great. althou as mentioned the pot metal parts suck, had a gasblock broken before skirmishing it.

CYMA are pretty decent too. The CM048 has mostly steel parts,but there are some fragile pot metal parts like the sights,gas block and stock trunnion. Those can be easily replaced with steel LCT parts though.

know any stores that sell the lct parts?

Sorry, I have no choice but to hate you if you don't like AKs

back on topic, yea got a bunch of CYMAs, the ones with number 042 and higher are great. althou as mentioned the pot metal parts suck, had a gasblock broken before skirmishing it.

know any stores that sell the lct parts?

Fire Support & WGC shop come to mind,plenty of others but these two often have the best stock. WGC is particular stock everything LCT make

More retailers here:

http://www.lctairsoft.com/point.htm

I would rate cyma also, just bought a CM 039U and quality is very good on it. Review will be up this week at some point.

• Supporters

As far as I'm aware all the CYMA AK's numbered CM.047 or below are Tokyo Marui clones and, IME plus that of some reviewers, are better than the TM originals. Whereas those numbered CM.048 and above are VFC clones. It's difficult to imagine that a £200 Chinese clone could be better than a £400 top end Taiwanese AEG, but then again I bought my CYMA CM.028U new for £125 and it was better than a £300 TM, so who knows?

CYMA's will fall down on quality of external build materials, but not so much that average skirmishing will wreck them quickly or easily (my own is a plastic receiver and withstood being rolled on after I jumped down about 1.5m and landed badly on a hard surface). I had intended to buy a CM.048 or CM.048M aroiund about now, but a great deal for a TM base AK with Inokatsu body kit came up, so my plan is shelved for a while, but before next spring I will definitely have one of those two.

Well been looking at all of them with him. He has decided to up his budget. I think he wants the real sword.

I think im becoming a sorta fan of the ak. spending so much time looking they are growing on me. ;)

AK's are rarely used compared to the abundance of M4's

The only ones in regular use at my site are hire guns and a couple of other guys.

I also think they look bad ass, they are big and provoking. (This also makes them heavy).

Used Cyma Ak74U for a cheap gun that hasn't been upgraded shoots great, the top tech G and G ak47 with wood, metal and blowback. Out the box shoots great gun, really good range! But if you want a top Ak VFC is the way,had mine for 3 years and it has taken all the abuse i can throw at it. The metal quality is better in my opinion to a real sword, it strips down like a real Ak and you can fit real steel bits to it (big plus Russian ak parts are dirt cheap)

As for Real sword my team mate owns a type 56-2 nice gun, shoots great and heavy nice weight, but its a Chinese gun if he wants the Russian Ak look the real sword is a no :)

Real Sword is a fantastic choice. Gearbox is proprietary,but MUCH stronger than traditional Marui types,and parts are easy to find,You can buy directly from Real Sword.

Like I said,Although Norinco AKs are low end in Real Steel,It's the highest end possible in airsoft as they are made to real steel tolerances and strengths making them tanks.

And IF you ever want,you can essentially replace most external parts with real steel ones if they break or simply weld them back. If you ever want to Russianize it into an AKM,Get Bakelite grip(Marui AEG type) Real steel AKM dust cover,Real steel AKM handguard, And a Real steel AK type front sight. Will be more or less the same thing as the Type 56 is a hybrid of the AK47 and AKM.

its great to get a high responce to the question. Still not fully converted. Will wait till he gets it and see if i like it. ;)

It will be nice to see something different on the battle field instead of a load of m4 and g36's. I know i run an m4 but it looks completly different to everyone elses.

its great to get a high responce to the question. Still not fully converted. Will wait till he gets it and see if i like it. ;)

It will be nice to see something different on the battle field instead of a load of m4 and g36's. I know i run an m4 but it looks completly different to everyone elses.

This is one of the reasons why I got an AK also.

As far as I'm aware all the CYMA AK's numbered CM.047 or below are Tokyo Marui clones and, IME plus that of some reviewers, are better than the TM originals. Whereas those numbered CM.048 and above are VFC clones. It's difficult to imagine that a £200 Chinese clone could be better than a £400 top end Taiwanese AEG, but then again I bought my CYMA CM.028U new for £125 and it was better than a £300 TM, so who knows?

CYMA's will fall down on quality of external build materials, but not so much that average skirmishing will wreck them quickly or easily (my own is a plastic receiver and withstood being rolled on after I jumped down about 1.5m and landed badly on a hard surface). I had intended to buy a CM.048 or CM.048M aroiund about now, but a great deal for a TM base AK with Inokatsu body kit came up, so my plan is shelved for a while, but before next spring I will definitely have one of those two.

CM.042 and above are all metal VFC clones. The TM clones feel plastic, the VFC clones does not.

• Supporters

I forget which retailer's site I was reading, but it definitely said that the CM.042 was a TM clone, even though it is full metal. The CM.039U is also full metal and a TM clone.

Archived