Help with rig

almurry
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know what I want but having trouble finding it as I'm not a small person in a 40inch waste and 6foot7 so the standard rigs don't fit me in terms of size I need a xxxl chest rig the link below is the sort I'm looking for dose anyone know where I can get one from with or without pouches and looking for tan or mtp camo on it

http://www.armynnavy.com/catalog/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/355/products_id/5763

Well nearly any adjustable rig will fit you, especially larger plate carriers as they tend to fit large on most people. All you'll have to do is loosen out everything but you'll get access to 100% of the MOLLE retail unlike if you're a small person.

Recommended rigs would be: Warrior assault systems RICAS, a RAV, RRV style chest rig (designed to have armour underneath so lots of room), British army Mk.IV and I see no reason why the one you linked wouldn't fit

I'm a 40 inch waist as well, not as tall as you, but I use a Condor chest rig that is fully adjustable and comes in different colours. It's also a pretty versatile bit of kit.

• Supporters

I'm 42" Chest 38" Waist and my WAS RICAS needs to be a little tighter than it is actually designed to go for it to fit me snugly, but that is without plates mind.

I know what I want but having trouble finding it as I'm not a small person in a 40inch waste and 6foot7 so the standard rigs don't fit me in terms of size I need a xxxl chest rig the link below is the sort I'm looking for dose anyone know where I can get one from with or without pouches and looking for tan or mtp camo on it

http://www.armynnavy.com/catalog/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/355/products_id/5763

try being 5"8' with a 28-26 (depends if I've eaten loads) inch waist and then finding equipment that fits is hard

• Supporters

What you need, Adam, is a mate about the same size as you to go halves on a RICAS and both of you wear it at the same time, facing back to back for 360 deg vision and arc of fire :lol:

Lol don't you mean 3 legged lol and thanks for the advice I will be ordering one very soon

try being 5"8' with a 28-26 (depends if I've eaten loads) inch waist and then finding equipment that fits is hard

i know that feeling first vest i got was the cross draw one and was to short for my body and a little tight then went on to what i use now the viper south africa vest its a perfect fit but crap at holding the g36 mags so i decided to change my hole out load to make me fit with a more moden look and scrap the DPM and make it so i can change pouches dependant on the gun that am using hents the molle. so when i have the new vest i will be selling the SA vest on here lol

• Supporters

I haver 46" chest (52 inch belly) and I use a Warrior 901 rig. No problems getting it big enough (in fact there's still enough strapping flapping in the breeze to get annoying!).

Yea any RRV style chest rig of which the 901 is one will fit pretty much anyone and anything

(I'm actually just putting one of mine up in the sales section)

Archived