Selling a RIF without a UKARA

lavishfeast
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening all,

I have recently returned to the airsoft fraternity and having amassed a number of guns in the past I find myself with an excess of weaponry that I'm keen to sell on.

Without a UKARA licence personally am I within my legal rights to sell an RIF so long as I ensure the purchaser is licensed and has all the necessary certification?

Many thanks.

Many thanks gents! Rather than start a new thread, I had attended the required skirmish dates to be eligible for the UKARA database but work took me away from the pastime until now and I never pursued acquiring my number, is it as simple as contacting the site and providing my name to get a hold of it?

Cheers in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Ukara is for the retailor alone and being on the register simply helps them to know that you have a defence and they can legally sell to you BUT providing the contact of your site owner to confirm you are a regular skirmisher is a perfectly acceptable option providing he can prove who he is.

Archived