Struggling to fit battery

JohnN
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I have a CYMA all metal M4 CQB SIR. The gun came with an 8.4v nunchuck style battery, non branded and it took me about 45 mins of fumbling around to get the battery into the hand guard.

I have just picked up a spare battery, and went for the mini type, which I thought would be a better and easier fit as it is one piece.

Again I have spent approximately an hour getting the thing to fit in to the very tight space. Juggling the fuse and covering box, plus connector etc in the hand guard, and closing with the battery inside without pinching wires, seems to be nearly impossible, and I have in fact dented the cells trying to close the hang guard up.

My question is, it this normal? I expected to be able to swap batteries quite easily, imagining that I might need to do so mid game at some point.

So far, I see myself struggling in the safe zone and losing game time while I solve this problem.

Are there any obvious things I am missing? Any tips or tricks, or it this another symptom of having bought the wrong type of gun??

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Without seeing the gun and battery it's quite hard to say if you have the wrong one, but it does sound very much that way, batteries should take seconds to install let alone minutes, invest in some nice little lipo stick 7.4 batts and a decent charger and save yourself all the grief mate

Well no its not normal.

I can change a battery within a minute or two.

I don't know the Cyma intimately and cant comment. Im sure others will.

To me, this is the value of buying from a knowledgeable retailer.

When I bought my Airsoft AEG weapons, I first did some research on You Tube to view the reviews for the gun I was interested in and then I spoke to the retailer I was going to buy it from who recommended me a battery for the gun type.

Thanks for the replies, it seemed odd that the battery supplied did not easily fit the gun. Will a 7.4 lipo run the gun as well as the 8.4 niam?

Yeah, basically produces the same sort of power, plus a lot smaller in size, best place for batteries is

www.componentshop.co.uk

Thanks. As I have just bought a new 8.4v and smart charger I will tinker and see it it's possible to relocate the fuse box above the barrel, I think I will need to remove the top cover of the hand guard first. But I will defo look up the lipo sticks as well. Cheers

• Supporters

looking at your profile pic you own an M4 S-System.

They're not fun to try and fit batteries in, but you can help it out a little.

Remove the handguard and put the fuse box on TOP of the barrel, so it's out of the way. Put the handguard back on and jobs a good'un. hell, use decent batteries and just remove the fuse box altogether if you're handy with a soldering iron.

You can always use 7.4V Lipos, something go for a 1300mah Cranestock type for easiest fitting in that handguard.

looking at your profile pic you own an M4 S-System.

They're not fun to try and fit batteries in, but you can help it out a little.

Remove the handguard and put the fuse box on TOP of the barrel, so it's out of the way. Put the handguard back on and jobs a good'un. hell, use decent batteries and just remove the fuse box altogether if you're handy with a soldering iron.

You can always use 7.4V Lipos, something go for a 1300mah Cranestock type for easiest fitting in that handguard.

Thanks, I will do just that. Appreciate the feedback.

Sorted, re-fitted fuse box etc on top of barrel. Replaced cable clips, beefed up motor connectors too. Battery goes in in seconds now. Happy days. Why do they make the fuse cover box so big?? Bizzare. Thanks for all the tips and feedback. Appreciated.

It's Cyma, they do some weird and wonderful things with their designs. Disassembling my MP5's hop involved knocking a pin out that was sealed into the unit with a thin layer of plastic. One of the sling mounts on my MP5 was only held in by friction as well, so when I hung it from a sling on my first skirmish with it, the actual mount fell out of the gun!

It's Cyma, they do some weird and wonderful things with their designs. Disassembling my MP5's hop involved knocking a pin out that was sealed into the unit with a thin layer of plastic. One of the sling mounts on my MP5 was only held in by friction as well, so when I hung it from a sling on my first skirmish with it, the actual mount fell out of the gun!

So glad it's not just me, found the same on the top full ris rail, hinged at the front with a friction pin, it's fine while the top screws are in, but as you remove them it falls away like a clowns car doors!

Archived