Painting a gun black

ad4m
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey Guys

Recently purchased an M4A1 airsoft rifle. Really nice model and cant wait to get it. However, I had to order it in two tone (black and green) because I am under 18 and do not (and cant) have a UKARA license.

I have a mate who is also under 18 and he uses a black MP5 which his uncle bought for him on his behalf. He has used it in like 4 or 5 airsoft skirmishes and when he goes, he just says that he tells them that his uncle gave it to him.

So my question is, if he can use a black MP5 because he can say that his uncle gave it to him, can I paint mine black and then just say my dad bought it for me? or if not, can I get it painted camo or something, anything other than two tone because im going to stand out a mile??

Cheers

:ph34r:B):lol::D:P:o:rolleyes::huh::)

Unless you're in light/medium woodland, the gun isn't going to make you stand out much. You could also use camo tape and wrap it round your gun, as you go skirmishing, and if anyone questions you, just take it off. But painting your gun black, and then saying your dad gifted it to you is a big no-no. You are lying to evade the law, and it could bounce back pretty easily if your dad is asked to show a valid defence, then s*** will hit the fan.

No, don't lie and say your Dad gave it to you. Either Camo tape as Zack said, or just wait abit. As soon as you have a valid defence (Ie. A Site membership), then you are free to remove the paint/Respray. Oh, and trust Zack. You won't stand out that much :P

can I paint mine black and then just say my dad bought it for me?

Facepalm_227785.jpg

OK. I hate to be that guy, but if there's one thing I hate more than the "I think I found a way around the law and I need some advice if this is legal", it's the "I fully intend to break the law and would like some advice on the best way to do it and/or get away with it".

What assumptions are you then making about us, the airsoft community, when asking such question?

Hey Guys

Recently purchased an M4A1 airsoft rifle. Really nice model and cant wait to get it. However, I had to order it in two tone (black and green) because I am under 18 and do not (and cant) have a UKARA license.,

Two points. You can't have bought it. It's illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to buy ANY kind of imitation firearm. Secondly, there is NO SUCH THING AS A UKARA LICENCE!!! IT IS A RETAILERS TOOL TO PROTECT THEM FROM PROSECUTION, NOTHING MORE AND NOTHING LESS.

I have a mate who is also under 18 and he uses a black MP5 which his uncle bought for him on his behalf. He has used it in like 4 or 5 airsoft skirmishes and when he goes, he just says that he tells them that his uncle gave it to him.

If he gave his uncle money for it, then both of them have broken the law. In addition, if his uncle does not skirmish regularly (or fall under one of the other allowed groups) then the retailer that sold it to him has committed an offence.

So my question is, if he can use a black MP5 because he can say that his uncle gave it to him, can I paint mine black and then just say my dad bought it for me? or if not, can I get it painted camo or something, anything other than two tone because im going to stand out a mile??

If you are a regular skirmisher, then yes, you can paint your gun black. You have a defence in law.

The law does NOT say that you have to be over 18 to own a RIF. There is no control over who can own a RIF (except for certain people who are prohibited from holding ANY gun due to criminal convictions)

It also does not say that you have to be 18 or over to benefit from the skirmishing defence against prosecution for manufacturing a RIF.

In fact it doesn't say you have to be 18 to use the skirmishing defence at all, but as it is illegal for you to buy any kind of imitation firearm it's not much use for buying.

So, you can own and use a RIF. If anyone asks how you got it, tell them it's none of their business. If you want, you can tell them that you (perfectly legally) sprayed a two tone which your dad bought you.

Can you spray it? IF you can prove that you are a regular skirmisher.

Is it a good idea to try and find loopholes around the law? No, never!

Cheers

:ph34r:B):lol::D:P:o:rolleyes::huh::)

Archived