Aaaaarrrghhh Problems

PeteTheDog
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.. New to this page

I have an old M4, It was working fine last time out, but I have recently got it out of the war shed to find it doesnt work anymore?

Symptoms:- I put in a charged battery (runs fine in my M16) The gun just clicks & the battery gets hot.. Its jammed I thought,, so I took out the motor,, tried it again, the motor spun up. but the my battery burst into flames... I'm no einstien but something tells me something isn't right!!

Any advice where I start looking

Cheers guys n Gals

It was stored in a bag in my loft, so shouldnt be damp,

The battery was left to cool before I tried it, plus it was only for literally 5 seconds, in fact the I had taken the battery off of the gun an put it on my pc table when it went..

Yes I thought it should have a fuse too, i have not had it long and have not had it to bits yet..

Looks like that is gonna change real soon..

Cheers guys, just confirmed what I already thought I had to do..

Grrr... Pain in the arse..

• Supporters

very odd for the battery to go up after it was removed :wacko:

must be a short somewhere, if you have a multimeter, remove and disconnect the motor, then with the trigger pressed see if you get continuity at the battery terminals. You shouldn't (unless you have a mosfet fitted, then you may) if you do, its a strip down job.

Dodgy battery by the sounds of it and a locked up gearbox, remove the pistol grip and motor, get a little hook inside and release the anti reverse latch to see if the box is locked up, easy to try before stripping it down

Where has the battery been stored prior to using it this time? Is it a battery you use currently or one put away with the rifle?

Archived