Hello from an Oldie Devon/Cornwall Border

urbexia
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just thought i would drop in and say hello,

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, It's taken that long to go through all the info on here for newbies, gotta say brilliant info for those just starting out.

I'm hoping to get down to mad momma's in a couple of weeks, I've tried to get a hold of anyone from the Ironfoot guys in Bude (my doorstep) but all the links to the site, e-mail address seem to be dead. the forums up but there is now way of signing up! ah well.

Looking forward to get fitter, wet, muddy and having tons of fun.

• Supporters

Welcome to the forums, Psmurf!

Have you airsofted before at all?

• Supporters

Heya, I'm a fellow Plymothian (you might be in Saltash, but I won't hold it against you). MMA are doing a walk on early November, 9th I think, still some spaces left and it's only £5 walk on!

Oh, and regarding MIA near Bude, as sad as it is to say it I wouldn't bother with the drive, it's an hour and a bit each way and the games are generally quite samey... I haven't been since April admittedly but the 4 or 5 times I'd been up til then the games followed much the same format every time.

Skirmish Exeter is another good one if you fancy a bit of a bigger site, the games are generally a bit more involved too with multiple objectives which change throughout the day.

EDIT:

Just thought, Plymouth Airsoft Corps on facebook is a half decent discussion board for all things local.

• Supporters

What happened to the place in Ivybridge, they were actually alright. Jcheeseright did you ever play there?

• Supporters

Fair enough, only played there twice and enjoyed the games. The safety wasn't great, lots of complaints about hot guns but the games were varied and they seemed to be keen to improve. haven't heard anything about them for ages though, they seem to have gone bust or something.

Thanks for the welcome,

Nope never actually played, but certainly looking forward to it! Just collecting a bit of gear (camo and the like) played with a couple of rifles a few years ago before all this UKARA came in.

I have an old glock and a Well MB06 for later, but soon as I've got my defence sorted will be looking for a nice combat machine to start with, as if i've done my homework right are easy to upgrade and pretty good out of the box?

I live in Bridgerule, just outside Bude, so was well happy that I had a site on my doorstep... The MIA, the next closet the one at Davidstow but again hardly any details website not working, no email etc.

Looking at the websites and actually responding to e-mails were Mad momma's and the KGB, both look great, and worth the drive, (If anyone stays out this way and needs a lift, I can always help out if I'm going the same day) but MM's worked out the closest and have a better deal price wise. Handy when saving pennies for a decent rifle!

Jcheeseright, I did see that but it's a no rentals on the day one :( according to the facebook page..

• Supporters

ahh, if you're in Bude then MIA is probably the best bet, as far as I know they do still run the games, next one is Nov 23rd according to their forums. Booking is done via those same forums when they put up a thread, though as you've said the websites etc seem to be down at the moment which is worrying.

Davidstow is run by Cornwall airsoft assault who can be contacted here: http://airsoftassault.forumotion.co.uk/

• Supporters

Right, well it sounds like you've got it covered. I was just concerned that you were planning on turning up to your first skirmish expecting to be able to hold your own in the field with your Well MB06. I'm not sure if there is much of an upgrade path for that rifle, but if there is, you'll need to trick it out before it will be any use against experienced softers with reasonable to to good AEG's. But yeah, a combat machine is a good start.

Jc, problem is i can't post on the forum as there is no way that i can see to join up to the forum at all, (i'm on quite a few different forums for one thing or another so kinda used to signing up) and i can't seem to find any other way of contacting them. Thanks for the link to davidstow though!

Ian - Um no. lol. There is a upgrade path for them, I've probably spent the same amount again on valves, barrels and springs etc, I'm getting a constant 490/496 on .02's and 380 on 36's with no hop, so it's not to bad. Not something I would start with though, If i do go down the sniper route maybe then..maybe.

I'll probably still head down to mma's the site looks good and looking at the facebook page they seems a good bunch really.

• Supporters

MMA is one of the best sites I've been to in every way, it's small but the marshals make the best of the space and the games are always sufficiently involved for those with a bit going on upstairs to enjoy while being flexible enough for the "mongo smash, shoot 5 high caps in 10 minutes!!!!" crowd to enjoy it too!

MMA is one of the best sites I've been to in every way, it's small but the marshals make the best of the space and the games are always sufficiently involved for those with a bit going on upstairs to enjoy while being flexible enough for the "mongo smash, shoot 5 high caps in 10 minutes!!!!" crowd to enjoy it too!

Agreed, compared to some of the sites I've been having to put up with after my move from Devon to Cambridgeshire, MMA is leagues better in many ways.

Have you tried the one at Cottenham?

Agreed, compared to some of the sites I've been having to put up with after my move from Devon to Cambridgeshire, MMA is leagues better in many ways.

Archived