*GIVEAWAY* One Month Free Brazzers Subscription!

AK47frizzle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

arial mode, happy now?

You're such a bellend.

Don't take that as permission to call me names, or you will get some warning points, etc. Take it as a friendly slap from an older male to a youngster, which says sort of "you're alright kid, which is why i'm not going to hurt you grievously, but what you just did needs to stand out in your memory as something which you should not do again, because if you do it's quite possible that other people who also think you're a bit of a bellend may run out of patience".

• Supporters

I think Ian becoming a moderator might be one of the greatest things to ever happen on these forums.

• Supporters

You got a 3/4 inch grouping on your first shoot?

I just saw this.

I couldn't be arsed to read what range he was shooting at, but when I shot a .22 for the first time it was at a club set up to compete in postal competitions and they were committed to a discipline that involved laying on the floor and wearing a daft jacket with a leather strap to help steady the rifle.

I just wanted to shoot targets so I never went after my 3rd visit because they kept saying if I just wanted to shoot targets, there was no point being there... Yeah... Confused me too.

Anyway though, the first 5 shots I fired, 3 were touching each other and the other 2 were less than 3mm away from the cluster of three - which looked like a silhouette of Micky Mouse. So that's got to have been around a 3/4 grouping as well. This was at 25 yards.

So assuming it was the same range for Frizzle; It's possible.

The people at the club I was at swore blind I was a "mole from another club" some even seemed to take offence. Another reason why I never wanted to go back and join the club.

I think shooting sports needs to be made one hell of a lot more accessible than they are in this country. I love all the concepts surrounding external ballistics and I can't think of anything more satisfying than landing a hit with a single shot regardless of the range or the weather conditions, but I've never found a window into getting into it and I don't even know where to look to get started.

The whole thing about guns being a taboo subject is a pile of balls.

I just saw this.

I couldn't be arsed to read what range he was shooting at, but when I shot a .22 for the first time it was at a club set up to compete in postal competitions and they were committed to a discipline that involved laying on the floor and wearing a daft jacket with a leather strap to help steady the rifle.

I just wanted to shoot targets so I never went after my 3rd visit because they kept saying if I just wanted to shoot targets, there was no point being there... Yeah... Confused me too.

Anyway though, the first 5 shots I fired, 3 were touching each other and the other 2 were less than 3mm away from the cluster of three - which looked like a silhouette of Micky Mouse. So that's got to have been around a 3/4 grouping as well. This was at 25 yards.

So assuming it was the same range for Frizzle; It's possible.

All I was thinking was "Bullshit" when I noticed that. I suppose it is possible, but I'm getting confused with all the difference in range we keep mentioning- your shoot and frizzle's were at about 22.8m so maybe frizzle's was a fluke.

I've known people to pass the marksman criteria on their first shoot with an new weapons system, be heralded as an amazing shot and been invited to county competitions where they actually can't replicate the results they got.

In the end, it's all about consistency. It just depends on whether frizzle can get those sort of results again.

• Supporters

I think Ian becoming a moderator might be one of the greatest things to ever happen on these forums.

Nice of you to say, Ed, if a little embarrassing... Personally, I'm going with Dev giving guns away b/c I'm a mercenary bastard at heart :P

My first time shooting rimfire .22 I was about 13 in the ATC: 2 out of five missed the target completely and the grouping of the other three was maybe 2.5", although in a pretty vertical line. The rifle was pretty heavy as I recall and I had less meat on me than a butcher's pencil. We'd had a very cursory lecture to prepare us too, the vast majority of which was safety and being certain to impress upon us the dire consequences which would be visited upon us, singly and collectively, if any dicking around took place, regardless of whether it resulted in an accident.

TBH I can't actually remember any shooting tips from that first day on a range :lol: I have to say I totally do remember never to point guns at people unless I intend to shoot them and, when people in the safe zone sight down a barrel in my direction, I get a difficult to control urge to yell at them right in their face, over and over until the shame they feel squeezes a tear or two out...

Archived