Hello from Northfleet

JohnN
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all. i am new to the airsofting world, but getting myself sorted to attend my first skirmishing day in November.

I have gradually put together a desert loadout via ebay etc, and i am just getting sorted for spare mags etc.

I wanted to share some newbie experience as a warning for others. i purchased my Cyma M4 CQB SIR from onlybbguns. bit of mistake.

Gun arrived without described sling and foregrip, no manual included so battery charging was an informed gamble using internet calculations.

when the battery charged i spent an age trying to get the 8.4v nunchuck battery into the front hand guard, juggling the two battery sticks, the fuse casing etc and trying not to pinch any wires while closing. (note to self to replace with mini type).

So i was all ready to test out my new gun, switched to semi auto, pulled trigger....nothing. after trawling the internet for trouble shooting (as onlybbguns did not respond to phone calls or emails to the support desk), i checked the fuse, tightened the connectors, opended up the motor housing in the pistol grip.

the fault was there, a disconnected neutral wire to the motor, and the plastic coating was all chaffed and split. i tighted the clip, recoated with electrical tape and fitted the connector. Gun now works fine.

long story short, zero customer service, zero contact or assistance, so found myself fumbling round the gun with various screwdrivers. not what you want to do with a £180 purchase. i have since removed my potential wishlist from the site and transferred it to airsoftworld.net, who i have found to be a complete contrast.

looking forward now to getting stuck in, shot at and tired at Airesoft billericay, maybe meet a few of you there?

Hi John

Youve not lurked enough here.

The others are always decrying that supplier.

I play the other side of the Dartford divide, usually at AWA but have recently started going to RIFT.

Hi John

Youve not lurked enough here.

The others are always decrying that supplier.

I play the other side of the Dartford divide, usually at AWA but have recently started going to RIFT.

HI Baz, yes hindsight is a wonderful thing. but lesson now learnt. not sure i will get as far as AWA or RIFT just yet, Billericay is a 40 min drive as it is, but i am sure i will get around as the bug gets a true grip of me.

Hi JohnN,

Welcome to the forum!

Stay away from any Airsoft websites/retailers that include the wording "bbguns".

Have skirmished at Airsoft Billericay, but I would probably recommend Dragon Lairs in Brentwood for a better experience. Very friendly and welcoming site that'll welcome you with open arms!

Hi JohnN,

Welcome to the forum!

Stay away from any Airsoft websites/retailers that include the wording "bbguns".

Have skirmished at Airsoft Billericay, but I would probably recommend Dragon Lairs in Brentwood for a better experience. Very friendly and welcoming site that'll welcome you with open arms!

HI, thanks for the heads up on Dragon Lairs, i will check it out

There are quite a few sites on the Kent side.

There is the big one near Bluewater plus the one at Fawkham.

Hi Baz, any idea of the name of the one near bluewater, as that would be just a stones throw away from me. i have done a search but only came up with sites that were no longer running.

cheers

A friend goes to the Sandpit and says it's blooming good. One thing though, they don't allow two tone guns on their site.

A friend goes to the Sandpit and says it's blooming good. One thing though, they don't allow two tone guns on their site.

Thanks for that info, guess I can wait until my registration for that one

Always check out the websites before going as some have rules/policies like no two tones and stuff like that. No point turning up and getting turned away.

Hello mate, Sandpitt in bluewater near you is a great site not the kinda site you wana start with though, Battlelakes in Tunbridge wells is good for a starting site, more woodland. We are at both a fair bit at the moment as were hitting up the kent area.

Hello mate, Sandpitt in bluewater near you is a great site not the kinda site you wana start with though, Battlelakes in Tunbridge wells is good for a starting site, more woodland. We are at both a fair bit at the moment as were hitting up the kent area.

Thanks for that info, i guess the Sandpitt will have to wait until a bit later on, i only have a two tone AEG at the moment and need to get my games in to sort registration etc, but then i have a wish list...i think i will head over to Either Billericay or Dragons lair, as the game dates fit well with other stuff in the calender. i am sure i will turn up to other sites and things progress.

thanks

• Supporters

Welcome to the forums, John :)

You know what I'd do? Tell onlybollocksguns you want a refund and send it back.

They've massively overcharged you for that gun, but the dodgy wiring is a perfect excuse to get out of the sale.

It wasn't fit for purpose.

Best to rent the three times you need to get a UKARA registration and then buy a RIF. You should be able to save yourself at least £30, which is a couple of mags.

Check this out for most of the good sense I've picked up in 20 months.

Welcome to the forums, John :)

You know what I'd do? Tell onlybollocksguns you want a refund and send it back.

They've massively overcharged you for that gun, but the dodgy wiring is a perfect excuse to get out of the sale.

It wasn't fit for purpose.

Best to rent the three times you need to get a UKARA registration and then buy a RIF. You should be able to save yourself at least £30, which is a couple of mags.

Check this out for most of the good sense I've picked up in 20 months.

Thanks Ian, yes I spotted the noob guide all too late unfortunately. The gun is working fine now, and I have a better battery on the way and a few little additions to the gun too. It's a full metal M4 so on the whole it's ok, I reackon most of the paint will wear off too after a couple of games. Sometimes the best lessons are learnt the hard way eh? Appreciate the moral support though. Won't be going near any sites with bbguns in the address from now on.

Archived