G&G VSS!!!

Zak Da Mack
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

It looks like it's got their new uber computerised gizmatron gearbox in it. Quick change spring on standard type gearbox = made of win. I like how the grip comes off without needing to disconnect or remove the motor as well. Though god knows where the contact points for it are...

Either way, I'm impressed no end with that presentation, and if it shoots as well as their other guns out of the box then it'll be a beast.

Plus, that ridiculous ROF was a fair indicator that it must have a monster motor in there, and I assume it'll be running around the 350fps zone when it's released, meaning upping it to 400 ought to still see it having quite a snappy trigger response, meaning it could be DMR'd up piss easy.

If it is their snazzy programmable gearbox, then I think there'll be a way to lock it to semi electronically as well.

It's basically the ultimate airsoft gun :D

• Supporters

What makes everyone want this gun so much? What's so appealing about it?

I get that a new model of gun is always a goof thing etc but people seem to really love the VSS? Has it been on a.movie or something to get so popular?

Its in Battlefield 4 and probably some other games, however, it appeals to me because it looks different to the normal type of weaponry and a standard skirmish.

Plus, its something completely new from a Manufacturer rather than releasing another AK or M4 with a silencer and getting all excited about it!

Well, I didn't know it was in any games, and i'm not extremely in love with it (Like I am MP5's <3), but I saw someone on here post a pic and thought it looked cool and unique, so yeah, I like it :)

• Supporters

I think it is yeah, looks like it uses a special connector or something to plug it in as well. Wouldn't surprise me if batteries are specific to the system, much like in a few of G&G's AK and MP5 series where they have a LiPo in the hand guard.

I have heard/read the MP5 handguard is absolute rubbish due to the connectors keep slipping due to the not so great handguard fitment which is a let down :(

As I said on reddit, PleasebefullsteelPleasebefullsteelPleasebefullsteelPleasebefullsteel or LCT bodied but it does not look like it has the CNC receiver of the LCT one.

Still,GB looks kewl,Features are nice and has a nice disassembly!

Unlikely,From what I can tell,the Receiver does not have any traces of CNC machining,and the tone of the steel is different(Though LCTs are still in proto stage)

Overall metals look very thin though,not thick enough to be Duralumin,Magnesium or Zamac. Keeping my hopes up for it to be full steel.

• Supporters

I think the reason this is so eagerly awaited is that the RS simply does not exist outside Russias military. They refuse to release drawings or blueprints for it. It's accurate, quiet and very dangerous. A lot of people will buy one simply for a wall hanger, especially within some communities in the United States of Freedom.

They're sexy as fuck, and with it being G&G, will be reliable and shoot well.

You won't see them being abused by high cap heroes in head to toe Multicam, either, as magazine pouches will be a nightmare to find for them ;) so that'll keep these relatively unseen on the field (again, many people will buy a wallhanger)

I can't wait for me to get hold of one :D

I'm not so sure about the mag pouches dave- the short version of the magazine would probably fit in an SVD mag pouch easily, maybe a 5.56 pouch if you're lucky. They certainly look the right size for it.

• Supporters

The ugliness is what makes it attractive.

Like A10 Warthogs and Apache Gunships. Perhaps even L85s as well.

They're so horrible, that it just reinforces their badasstitude.

Archived