New molle belt?

springs
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hey all,

i'm looking for a replacement molle belt. the current one i have is a mil-tec molle belt which is to big for me and sags etc when there is additional weight on it when items are placed in the drop pouch

I'm looking to see if there is anything that will fit onto a normal belt and let me run it from there. i currently have on my mil-tec belt a pistol holster, drop pouch and a double mag pouch that i use to hold pyro's in.

Any ideas?

• Supporters

If you put a fair bit of weight on any belt and you haven't got much of an arse, it will sag and/or fall down. If it's also holding your kecks up, they will head south with it. A yoke of some sort will stop that.

I have a TAS Battle belt. From eBay brand new and was £7. I'll dig out a link.

Best belt. Have had is my old WAS PLB belt. Can get a yoke for it also.

i think i might look at getting a decent fitting belt first.. I can stick my drop pouch on there as well as my holster.

will have to see about fitting the rest to it or something..

• Supporters

get a decent quality rigger's belt, that'll hold your trousers up and you'll be able to put your dump bag and holster on it. For the double mag pouch I recommend one of these: https://www.dragonsupplies.co.uk/catalogue/1078-MOLLE-Belt-Platform-L

I have one that I've used to add pouches to straps in the past and they're brilliant, really versatile!

i do run a chest rig / plate with it as well which is where i keep the rest of the gear. all in OD colour as well.

I'm gonna look into a proper belt first for the trousers and go from there. The Molle belt platform does look like it will work. Just got to find it in the correct colour.

• Supporters

Get a BDU belt to hold your trousers up and then a stiffer duty belt to hang all your gear from. Then if your belt gets dragged down at least you won't be stood in your kecks with your Molle platform around your ankles!

• Supporters

Also take a look at the Condor Gen2 Battle Belt. You can use your own belt, it has plenty of MOLLE space and it has lift up flappy bits so you can hang your various drop legs on the belt instead of the MOLLE.

Archived