Advice on a first sidearm?

Blackbeard
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

After I purchase my rifle (G&G CM16 Carbine or Raider) I am going to purchase a pistol. I am most likely going to go with a gas pistol, so can you guys give me some advice? It:

Must be under £100

Must be two-toned (or have cheap/free two toning available)

Must be 350FPS or less

Can be green gas or CO2

A big magazine would be nice

Could have semi or full auto

Could be blowback or non-blowback

Thanks!

I secondy Monty's suggestion RE the KJW p226, excelent handgun and never let me down. I'd reccomend using TM magazines in it though because the KJW ones are terrible.

The P226 is very ergonomic from what I remember of mine, all the controls within reach of your trigger finger and thumb.

• 2 months later...

If you can't stretch to a Tokyo Marui (£130-150) then the new WE guns are very good. The XDM is excellent and can be had for about £100. Their news Glocks are also very good for about the same amount.

http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/airsoft/airsoft-pistols/hfc-hg-302-mk23-airsoft-gas-pistol.html#.Us3ZGtJdW0Q

HFC H&K Mk23 socom. Its non-blowback so its low maintenance and also very quiet, the 2 tone looks like blue anodised metal rather than bright coloured paint, its very accurate due to the inner barrel through the silencer and it has a 28 round magazine. If you want a pistol that you will actually get kills with, this is it. The downside is that it is huge and hard to get a holster for.

The P226 is very ergonomic from what I remember of mine, all the controls within reach of your trigger finger and thumb.

Only if you're right handed :rolleyes:

• Supporters

CYMA (or ASG) G18c AEP

+No gas usage

+No temperature worries, works year round

+Very easy to upgrade with cheap lipo's etc

+Doesn't require extensive cleaning (in my view, as i used to have to clean my hi cappa after ever skirmish, a DCOA (Disassembley, Clean, Oil, Assembly) , yet my G18C AEP gets a "rodding" (barrel clean) every now and then)

+99 rd mags are cheap (you can get 3 99rd mags for the cost of 1 29rd gas mag)

+no leaky mags

+Site legal

+no blow back to affect your aim

-None "blow back" dosn't look as cool

-only 200FPS with a max of some 250fps with extensive up grades

-mag bb retaining springs don't last forever

-stigma of being a AEP (some elitists will look down there noises at you for having a AEP)

my experiences with WE is far from good, althou that was the older versions. the KJW p229 I had had leaky mag, didn't feel quite right.

Look for any 2nd hand KWA PTP if you're looking at a gas gun. or TM, but they are more temperamental in low weather (nothing like KJW or early WE thou) and you cant use propane (which is a big money saver), on the up side thou they are a lot lighter to carry and more spares available.

if you want to go for electric, CYMA g18 is a good gun, however the TM it clones feels a lot less plastic. Either way the FPS is ridiculously low. it can be upgraded, but not all places does this.

Archived