Hello from Pembrokeshire!

Joshiye
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Welcome to the forums!

Well, if you're looking for a gun just to shoot cans with, I wouldn't spend a lot, look at springer pistols or those single shot shotgun, then you can spend the rest on... Well, whatever, lol.

But out of those two, The M4.

• Supporters

Welcome to the forums, mate!

Of those two, difficult to say... those shotties have a pretty good rep for cheap guns, but you'd best get someone who has actually had one, and for a while too's, opinion. I can't say I've ever heard anyone raving on about SRC M4's, they're better known for their G36's, but it also depends on what generation of SRC's manufacture it is: Gen 1 are fucking useless, Gen 2 need upgrades to be skirmishable for a good long while, Gen 3 are very good.

If you're thinking that, after a while plinking in your garden, you might want to check out a skirmish, then the M4 would probably be better than the shottie, but then again, you may be better renting a gun than taking something crap for your first taste of the sport, so you don't get put off.

Just a bit of general advice: any website with bbguns in the url should be avoided, such as justbbguns, onlybbguns, etc.. They're much of a muchness and known for selling dud guns, terrible customer service, and making exaggerated claims and/or telling downright lies about their guns for sale. Have a look in the "Places To Buy" section here and you'll find plenty of reputable retailers.

onlybbguns is bad. They called a G36 a sniper rifle. Granted, they have a few good brands, but they know nothing and use big words to lure in kids and their parent's money

• Supporters

Only BB Guns SRC M4A1 Tactical Carbine Rifle* £175 2-tone with 1200mAh battery & trickle charger

Airsoft World SRC M4A1 Full Length Barrel ie Rifle £122.54 black no battery/charger

Action Hobbies ICS M4A1 Various £159.99 2-tone w/ 2 mags & easy change split gearbox w/ ICS Turbo motor no battery/charger

Zero One G&G Combat Machine AEG CM16 Carbine Light £117.95 free 2-tone & free skirmish voucher no battery/charger

Component Shop 2 Better Chargers £7.50 / £7.99

Component Shop 8.4V 1600mAh 2/3A NiMH Better Mini Cranestock Battery £12.40

*A carbine is a short rifle.

I trust my point is easily understandable.

The 'Pro Guns' section actually has a few decent guns, and some at a fair price, but they can be bought for about the same price and better at more reliable retailers. Also, I +1 to better retailers. A few are: Zeroone Airsoft, Airsoft World, and Action Hobbies (For Two Tone guns).

• Supporters

Just been looking on AW, they have a spring m4, licensed by Colt, pretty nice

Hmmmmmmm... cheaper, but really crap FPS.

Archived