How am I doing?

Cheeky vimto
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm waiting on the Chinese post fairy too!

I got hit with customs charges last time, not looking forward to it this time..

As for thicker clothes, I play CQB in an old bunker so I get fairly hot at the moment.

• Supporters

Am I missing anything?

Taste? MTP/MC... eeeeurgh!

No, you've got it pretty sorted there, mate. You might want to go with some kind of reusable grenade. I don't use one, but that's because I have a really bad habit of losing things (actually I'm thinking of going ahead anyway), but a lot of regular skirmishers do. You could also go with a/some specific pouch/es for any pyros you use often. Pouches designed for spring loaded batons are very good for a couple of MK5 flashbangs, but I dunno if you can get them in MTP/MC. 40mm grenade pouches are good for smoke bombs and thermobaric 'nades.

Regarding clothing, I think it's better to keep something warm, like a big jacket, dry in the safe zone so you can put it on over your webbing in between skirmishes. Like an athlete putting on a tracksuit between contests. I get hot enough running about that even soaking wet light shirts are plenty warm enough, it's only when I stop that cold/wet will bother me.

I'm waiting on the Chinese post fairy too!

Me three... it's my habitual state lol!

A little frisson of excitement with every item - how long will this one take, 6 days, 3 weeks, maybe it wont get here at all? Will I get hit by Customs, will I be lucky? It's better than the lottery... :lol:

• 3 months later...

Get another gun :)

As you seem to have your loadout sorted and a need to spend more money, it must be time to get a different gun and start another loadout :D

Landwarrior have those stens for £100 still, WW2 gear will keep you busy and your bank manager unhappy :D

• Supporters

Yeah I like the 416, it is like an M4 but a bit different. For me it was a case of looking at guns and seeing a HK416 and going "that one!" - if you were interested in getting one the contenders are the VFC, G&G(4-18) and the TM Recoil shock version.

Yeah I like the 416, it is like an M4 but a bit different. For me it was a case of looking at guns and seeing a HK416 and going "that one!" - if you were interested in getting one the contenders are the VFC, G&G(4-18) and the TM Recoil shock version.

Which one did you get?

Can't beat the 416. It's German :D thinking of getting a G&G 416 when I can afford it. Heard that the TM one is very good and VFC seems very popular (although I think it's only for the trades) And if you get a 416 you could make one of those increasing more popular "devgru" load outs

(What does devgru even mean?)

DEVGRU = Development Group

A TM 416 will be mine in the summer....or maybe a WE 416?

Can't beat the 416. It's German :D thinking of getting a G&G 416 when I can afford it. Heard that the TM one is very good and VFC seems very popular (although I think it's only for the trades) And if you get a 416 you could make one of those increasing more popular "devgru" load outs

(What does devgru even mean?)

I know I said I wanted something other than a TM but it sounds pretty cool. Might get one at the end of the year, currently in the process of buying my first house at the moment.

http://www.airsoftgames.com/marui-hk416d-p-1237.html

• Supporters

Which one did you get?

The Tokyo Marui version :)

It is the most expensive, but as soon as I fired it I knew I was buying it.

There is a TM HK416 DEVGRU edition now, I might be mistaken but it looks like it is just external changes - silencer, vertical foregrip, pistol grip and single point stock tube sling point plus the iron sights and butt stock are changed.

Sods law that became available just after I bought my gun as most of those changes are what I will do anyway lol.

DEVGRU is what Seal Team 6 used to be called btw, or rather what succeeded it.

I know I said I wanted something other than a TM but it sounds pretty cool. Might get one at the end of the year, currently in the process of buying my first house at the moment. http://www.airsoftgames.com/marui-hk416d-p-1237.html

House can wait. Guns can't :)

Devgru was seal team 6? Sort of makes sense. I thought it was people who made uber-real load outs cause dey iz da best

• Supporters

IIRC there's a question hanging over the VFC 416 reliability, no?

BTW, does anyone know if you can buy a 416 receiver on its own?

Archived