Ammo of choice?

clumpyedge
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If you are talking about using it in spring sniper rifles then, unless you are limited to using bio ammo, where 0.3 is the heaviest I've found, try out various weights above 0.3 until you find one that suits your rifle. Most snipers using 500fps guns go for anything from 0.36 to 0.43. And at those sorts of power you would also benefit from using a harder hop rubber, say 70, 80 or 90 degree, but again, only experimenting on a range will tell you what works best in your setup.

• Supporters

For my AEG (350 FPS) and pistol (300 FPS), I use 0.25g Excel BBs, because they're what my local site has. If local site changes, then I'll change as well, just because it's easier and saves paying delivery that sometimes costs just as much as the BBs themselves.

For my sniper (500 FPS), I have 0.36g MadBulls, 0.40g MadBulls, and had some 0.40g Guarders. The 0.36g MadBulls, I've barely used, they were bought to try out/on someone's suggestion, but my gun doesn't like them. They're inaccurate and inconsistent. The 0.40g MadBulls were bought because 0.40g Guarders were out of stock. I was reluctant to buy them, as they're black, rather than the yellow-orange the Guarders are. They shoot much better than 0.36g though. The best I've used in it were the 0.40g Guarders, easiest to see where they're hitting as they're yellow, and had the best accuracy and range, still waiting for them to come back in stock somewhere, although I've heard that they're also changing from yellow to black.

If anyone finds any 0.40g BBs, that are light in colour (yellow or white), and in stock and available to be delivered to the UK, please send me a PM or something.

• Supporters

Have a look for the Blast devil .4's they certainly used to be tan/yellow/gold/whatever colour that is.

I use Madbull .4's. Got the last bottle Firesupport had before they turned black.

After much searching my results for visible .4 gram BBs are this:

HAHA FUCK YOU, IT'S BLACK OR NOTHING, NUMBNUTS!

cheers for that, Madbull. Cheers.

Sorry should have mentioned for snipers... i haven't upgraded any of the hop parts/barrel as of yet but everything else has been done.

i like using the 30's as they are white and easier for me to see i have tried dark colours and really struggle to keep track of them (poor eye sight)

i liked the look of the madbull .36 as they are turquoise thus easier than the black or dark red to spot.

• Supporters

Sorry should have mentioned for snipers... i haven't upgraded any of the hop parts/barrel as of yet but everything else has been done.

i like using the 30's as they are white and easier for me to see i have tried dark colours and really struggle to keep track of them (poor eye sight)

i liked the look of the madbull .36 as they are turquoise thus easier than the black or dark red to spot.

HAHA f*ck YOU, IT'S BLACK OR NOTHING, NUMBNUTS!

cheers for that, Madbull. Cheers.

I got two of the last packs of Guarder's yellow 0.40g BBs, bought two packs, my mate bought the other two when they had four in stock.

It was something to do with European something or other that made MadBull change from yellow to black. Gonna see if I can find any yellows on US/HK sites, buy in bulk and get them shipped. Wouldn't mind paying for shipping on sniper ammo, as it lasts so much longer than the 0.25s I use in AEGs.

The MadBull 0.36g greens are harder to see in woodland than the MadBull 0.40g blacks. They aren't really turquoise, they're green, so you can't really see them well, if at all.

The black ones are kind of more silvery grey, so they're a bit clearer to see, although not as good as white or yellow.

Wouldn't mind some bright red BBs actually, think they'd be pretty easy to see, and they'd look awesome.

I got two of the last packs of Guarder's yellow 0.40g BBs, bought two packs, my mate bought the other two when they had four in stock.

It was something to do with European something or other that made MadBull change from yellow to black. Gonna see if I can find any yellows on US/HK sites, buy in bulk and get them shipped. Wouldn't mind paying for shipping on sniper ammo, as it lasts so much longer than the 0.25s I use in AEGs.

The MadBull 0.36g greens are harder to see in woodland than the MadBull 0.40g blacks. They aren't really turquoise, they're green, so you can't really see them well, if at all.

The black ones are kind of more silvery grey, so they're a bit clearer to see, although not as good as white or yellow.

Wouldn't mind some bright red BBs actually, think they'd be pretty easy to see, and they'd look awesome.

i cant understand the logic of having dark coloured BB's but then saying that there must be some sort of logic to it otherwise they wouldnt sell....

id love some bright coloured ones as well but alas the colours on the market dont seem to be that great. i tried devil .36 that look red when you buy them but are acutally like a brownish red and i found those to hard to gauge as well..

• Supporters

Logic behind dark coloured BBs is that a sniper should have a perfectly zeroed scope, for the weapon and ammo choice, which should be set against targets (can be any colour, so white paper would allow you to see where dark coloured BBs are hitting) before the game day. Then, when you use dark BBs and are hidden away in some cover, in a ghillie suit, with your quiet rifle, the enemy can't see you, hear your, or see where the shots are coming from.

Problem with that is, it doesn't really work. If you zero your scope one day, then go to a skirmish a few days later, the wind has most likely changed. This makes your zeroing off, so you can't see where your shots are landing, and therefore you can't adjust to make the next shot hit. Some times, when using dark BBs, I'm not even certain anything is coming out the barrel, so I shoot the ground or a tree in front of me, so I can definitely see/hear the impact.

The idea's there, it just doesn't really work in airsoft. If the wind had less/no effect on BB flight, it'd work pretty well.

Logic behind dark coloured BBs is that a sniper should have a perfectly zeroed scope, for the weapon and ammo choice, which should be set against targets (can be any colour, so white paper would allow you to see where dark coloured BBs are hitting) before the game day. Then, when you use dark BBs and are hidden away in some cover, in a ghillie suit, with your quiet rifle, the enemy can't see you, hear your, or see where the shots are coming from.

Problem with that is, it doesn't really work. If you zero your scope one day, then go to a skirmish a few days later, the wind has most likely changed. This makes your zeroing off, so you can't see where your shots are landing, and therefore you can't adjust to make the next shot hit. Some times, when using dark BBs, I'm not even certain anything is coming out the barrel, so I shoot the ground or a tree in front of me, so I can definitely see/hear the impact.

The idea's there, it just doesn't really work in airsoft. If the wind had less/no effect on BB flight, it'd work pretty well.

I did kind of get that impression that, that would be the reason behind it but like you say in the real world when you've zero'd the next day is more than likely going to be completely different (specially in england!)

I've ordered some of the turquoise ones to try out but if that doesn't go down to well ill try again with the darker shades and see how i get on.

Blaster 0.25s and King Arms ExCel 0.20s. I mainly use the .20s when I'm gonna go hicap hero on the opposition, although I'm going to mainly play using midcaps on my M4 (as I find it difficult to get Cyma compatible MP5 mids). My shotgun's a laugh with 0.25s now, I've got it exactly right for 50m targets

Archived