What are you listening to?

CaptainSwoop

19 minutes ago, faunskull said:

Nice.

I'm saving my birthday money up for that one.😬

45 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

I've always liked the rock/classical crossovers and youtoob recently reccomended this

Och, she lives round the corner from me. ;)

I have been listening to our original tape release so that I can work out some projections for a couple of songs that have not been in the setlist for a very long time.

20 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

I've always liked the rock/classical crossovers and youtoob recently reccomended this

Wow!

She could give my pipes a blow through anytime🤪

14 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Anyone else like Charlie Parr?  I love his slide playing.

I must admit I've not heard of him but I like what I've just heard.

Is it bluegrass or country?

I like his laid back style but it's full of  complexity. There's a lot going on there.

Will check out his slide stuff 👍

On 13/01/2024 at 14:38, Shamal said:

Is it bluegrass or country?

Folk, folk/blues really.  

Abner is still my favourite though:

Call me Millenial if you will, but it'll be a dutty baseline for me please and thanks.....

On 12/01/2024 at 15:06, RostokMcSpoons said:

Mr Bryan Adams has written some hits aren't really 'my taste' but that are damned fun to play along to,

No matter what you think of his music the guy should be respected. How many other artists have managed to get away with releasing a song like Summer of 69 without anyone realising what it's really about (hint, 69 has nothing to do with the year 😉)

3 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

No matter what you think of his music the guy should be respected. How many other artists have managed to get away with releasing a song like Summer of 69 without anyone realising what it's really about (hint, 69 has nothing to do with the year 😉)

Yes I read an article about that, someone realised the maths didn't stack up with his age, so asked him about it, and so he told 'em about his Happy Time 😋

But if you want a really good "got away with it" pop song story, try listening to Captain Sensible's version of "Happy Talk" again...  Considering he did this on TOTP, and I noticed the first time I heard it, I'm amazed he got away with this!

... 2:30 is where the magic happens 😂

2 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Yes I read an article about that, someone realised the maths didn't stack up with his age, so asked him about it, and so he told 'em about his Happy Time 😋

But if you want a really good "got away with it" pop song story, try listening to Captain Sensible's version of "Happy Talk" again...  Considering he did this on TOTP, and I noticed the first time I heard it, I'm amazed he got away with this!

I'm trying to work out if he dropped the c-bomb at around 2:35 there?

7 minutes ago, _K4MF_ said:

Yes he did.  In an interview he said he was pissed as a twat when he recorded it.  Plus he was of course in The Damned,  it wouldn't be very punk of him not to.  The 'official' lyrics have him singing 'cuss' but you can hear a drawn out 'n' and 't' quite clearly.

Not bad for a #1 song that got masses of plays is it 🤣

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

47 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Yes he did.  In an interview he said he was pissed as a twat when he recorded it.  Plus he was of course in The Damned,  it wouldn't be very punk of him not to.  The 'official' lyrics have him singing 'cuss' but you can hear a drawn out 'n' and 't' quite clearly.

To be fair, BBC didn't notice what Jimmy Saville was up to, so this matey throwing out c-blasters live on air is childs play (No Saville pun intended) for the broadcasters. 🤣

Edited by _K4MF_

• Supporters

Been listening to a lot of angry young men recently...

10 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

The 'official' lyrics have him singing 'cuss' but you can hear a drawn out 'n' and 't' quite clearly.

Well that was certainly more subtle than John Lydon singing pretty vacant 

12 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

……

Captain Sensible's version of "Happy Talk" again...  Considering he did this on TOTP, and I noticed the first time I heard it, I'm amazed he got away with this!

12 hours ago, _K4MF_ said:

12 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

You’re all mistaken, as per the original Rogers & Hammerstein version around 2:30 - 3:35 the word is cuss.

(I’m a lucky cuss)

It’s very unfair on the reputation of one of our highly respected Raymond Burns who has a career of almost 5 decades 

He’s 69 years old you know, a fine elderly gentleman who would never have had such a terrible word come out of the mouths of his generation ….

Edited by Tommikka

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...