G&G Combat Machine Question (No way??)

TheFull9
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm after a specific G&G rifle to modify but I'm yet to own one so I'm hoping one of you good folks will be able to enlighten me.

Basically, I'm after someone who's familiar with the way the barrel attaches on the RS AR-15 (and most airsoft replicas thereof) i.e. via the barrel being screwed on to the threaded portion at the front of the upper receiver, and also has tinkered with/owned/seen disassembled an AEG with a handguard setup like this:

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/cm_16_carbine_raider_l_combat_machine_.html

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/cm_16_carbine_raider_dst_combat_machine_.html

I know G&G sometimes mould and construct things in funky ways, like making the A-Frame gas block one solid piece with the outer barrel. I'm looking to pick up one of these Raider models but I've got another handguard here I'm looking to install. So if anyone's got any knowledge on this specific area it'd be appreciated.

From what I remember of my raider, the barrel doesn't actually screw in but is held in place by two little grub screws.

The RIS slotted onto an extrusion from the reciever and was then secured by means of another two grub screws IIRC, the front sight post held the other end taught I believe.

This was over a year ago however so my memory may be failing.

Hopefully I've been of some help CK!

G & G's front barrels and iron sights are usually molded together as one piece. When you remove the rail by under doing the screw's underneath the rail you have to pull the entire barrel out with the fake gas tube that helps to keep it straight inside the rail.

There are some you tube video's on this.

I have a top tech Raider L and wanted to have a shorter outer barrel but you have to replace the whole barrel. You can still modify these rifles, but this is something to bare in mind as it could add additional costs replacing the barrel depending on what you want to do with it.

Archived