Friends

Cheeky vimto
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Not sure what everyone else's is like but if you're like me most of your friends don't play airsoft. I was just wondering do most of you go by yourself?

I've been by myself for awhile now, occasionally one of my friends joins me. I was just wondering if anyone of you that go alone have managed to meet new people in the airsoft community?

I really want to play with people using mics. It'd be nice to know what's going on elsewhere on the playing field.

I lent them some rifles and showed them some of Ed's gameplay, before that they were just completely ignorant to the fact it was a proper hobby, not just 10 yr olds in their garden.

I started on my own. I tried to interest my son and he played once, but generally he doesn't want to get up at the weekend.

So, I go on my own and there is always someone to talk to.

If you go to the same place a couple of times, you will make Airsoft friends.

Used a mates' sniper rifle once, and it was utter crap. I suppose an un-upgraded bright orange pile of wank would be like that, though.

If you have the cash, go for it. If you get a kill against some hi-cap using spray and prayer while using a spring weapon it's extremely satisfying, and I've seen and heard of pretty awesome loophole kills with sniper rifles as well.

You can have bad moments though, like the time me and 3 comrades charged a sniper down and knife killed him after he missed his shot and pulled out a bright orange spring pistol, subsequently missing the shot with that as well.

I'd have a go with an upgraded one first anyway.

Used a mates' sniper rifle once, and it was utter crap. I suppose an un-upgraded bright orange pile of wank would be like that, though.

If you have the cash, go for it. If you get a kill against some hi-cap using spray and prayer while using a spring weapon it's extremely satisfying, and I've seen and heard of pretty awesome loophole kills with sniper rifles as well.

You can have bad moments though, like the time me and 3 comrades charged a sniper down and knife killed him after he missed his shot and pulled out a bright orange spring pistol, subsequently missing the shot with that as well.

I'd have a go with an upgraded one first anyway.

That's why I was thinking of starting to buy now. I'm ok playing indoor CQB during the wet and winters months so I have time to upgrade the gun. I guess I should start by getting a side arm. Any suggestions for one that I could used CQB and woodland?

I really like the look of the TM desert eagle but the size of it is just too impractical.

Desert Eagles are impressive, intimidating and downright pointless, but they do turn heads. I'd get something smaller if I were you, maybe one of TM's Hi Capa or M1911 range?

Sniper rifles are bloody money sinks,I'll tel you what,but if you balance where expensive parts are needed and where cheap parts can be had it's not so scary.

I'll write up a quick upgrade list just to get a rough Idea.

Base gun-TM VSR 10 Pro,170£

PDi 6.05mm Barrel 50£

PDi W Hold Bucking 12£

PDi Cylinder head-16£

Barrel Spacer 16£

Dangerwerx hop up arm TYPE B 20£

Supplies for DIY mods 10£

ASPUK EZ trigger and piston 80£

Yeah,it's a 'kin moneysink! But the key is DIY mods,they are cheap and really effective if done right

Just go every week and I'm sure you'll become friends with some of the players. :) Ask about there guns, how long they've played etc.

Would love to but I work shifts so it means I can do like 3 weeks in a row then I miss 3 weeks. I go enough for the Marshall's to know my name but the players are hit and miss if I see them most weeks.

it was my civy mates that got me into it when I left the Royal Navy. I'd say I was good friends with around 8 of the chaps I airsoft with, and since starting have formed at least the same again. Sure there are folk I will never be best buddies with that go, but it don't stop me enjoying their company when on the same side, and the target practice when on opposite sides! :D

Would love to but I work shifts so it means I can do like 3 weeks in a row then I miss 3 weeks. I go enough for the Marshall's to know my name but the players are hit and miss if I see them most weeks.

I feel your pain, am a shift worker nowadays too, my site has games every 2 weeks so I just book them off as leave when work gets in the way!

I feel your pain, am a shift worker nowadays too, my site has games every 2 weeks so I just book them off as leave when work gets in the way!

I'm just not that committed, i love to travel on my time off :).

Well happily two of my friends played airsoft as I introduced them to it, they love it and we plan on getting another friend into it so it will be a four man Polish squad shouting "Kurwa!" 24/7 while doing some... Tactics xd

Its nice to have your best friends play with you, especially worth buying walkie talkies for it which we are :3

• Supporters

Right I play once or twice one month then don't play at all the next. Its to do with my other half's shift pattern 28 days on 28 off. She has a fantastic job, if you don't count the 28 on could be 14 hr days no breaks etc but that's besides the point. I only play when she is working.

I got chatting with a sites Anti-team team about their kit choices between games as they seemed to have almost every base covered, snipers, support gunners, assaulters, DMRs and we bonded mostly over a mutual love of pyro! They have become pretty much my only friends outside of my work ( awww sad aren't I) because I had to move away for the job. I missed out on GZ last year but was invited to join them, I made it this year and it was a damn good laugh. Now I will meet up with at least one other member of the team every time I go for a game day.

Moral of my long winded story. Get stuck in, chat to people, don't be afraid to get creative on the field, sometimes that hair brained scheme might pay off and you'll be seen as a bit of a hero. Don't be afraid to have a damn good laugh at your own expense. I stacked it this weekend at the bottom of some stairs, luckily it looked a bit like I was commando rolling so I jumped up doing that very fake "I'm ok, meant to do that, did it look ok? Anyone get it on video?". A couple of guys were laughing so much they almost did the same thing

As for sniping, many people say this but - I'd leave it for a bit, I've been playing a year and a half before I got a sniper, its a totally different way of playing and it is relatively limited. Most normal skirmishes are too fast paced for a sniper to be properly effective. Once you have a primary AEG that is set up just the way you want it play an entire day on semi auto and take 5 to 10 seconds between shots. If someone gets within 30m you must switch to your secondary (normally a pistol), that is the MED minimum engagement distance for a sniper. If you can hack it then sniping might be for you.

I'm an arsehole and even I've made friends airsofting.

Seriously just go, have fun and don't be scared of the bogeymen.

I do go, just wanted to know how many people go on their own and if anyone's joined a squad with people they met at airsofting.

yer a friend of mine had gone a few times and i went along with him. i go by myself.when he cant. but sometimes like 4-5 of us go together and sometimes its by youself. but by my friend getting me into it i have got 3 more people into it now.

Archived