Skirmishing in the Rain? Does anyone bother?

CaptainSwoop
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I get forced to do that s*** on works' time (occasionally). Paying to do it on my own weekends/leave can go swivel on a massive one. I'd have joined the marines instead if I wanted to get wet while running around with a gun.

Not that it matter all that much seeing as I play indoors all the time these days. Woodland just lost its' appeal for whatever reason and I have no qualms what-so-ever with admitting that when I play a game at the Mall vs my old local site in the woods I do not mind in the slightest that I have far less cleaning/washing/scrubbing/polishing to do after a game. I mean if people enjoy that side of things then that's awesome you crack on, but it's not what I call fun and I cannot stand to leave my gear in a wet, filthy, rotting state the way a lot of airsofters do. I don't mind getting it wet/dirty in the slightest and I've done so many a time, but I also will not abide leaving it in that condition for a second longer than necessary as soon as I cross the threshold once I'm back home.

• Supporters

Getting home again is always a bit of a palaver for me, because I don't drive and I don't have anyone who can give me a lift from/to my door, so I don't like to get really soaked in cold weather. I'm not much of a fan of soggy kecks at the best of times, mind, which is why I always have strap on knee pads, because they are far bigger than pads built in to kecks, so I can kneel in mud/shallow puddles.

If I think the ground will be properly wet, or I suspect more rain than a light shower, I take my DPM Goretex kecks. The noise they make is a bit of a pain in the arse and, until I sewed belt loops to them, integrating them comfortably into a loadout had it's issues. With belt loops and tucked into my boots, with just my pants underneath, they're pretty much like wearing any other combats comfort wise. I take a towel, some kind of top to keep dry in my bergen and try to keep my jacket fairly dry too, so I can get home without freezing my nads off.

I'm yet to skirmish in the snow. I tried last winter but the fvcking bus company pussied out. I've got snow camo ready and everything :'(

No need to worry about the electrics of guns. At the voltages we use, even though rain water could be creating a 'short circuit', the difference in resistance between the wires and whatever water is involved is such that only minimal current can 'short'. The only thing that bothers me is the possibility that water may carry larger particles of dirt than air does, which could get sucked into the cylinder and fired down the barrel, creating larger 'micro-scratches', ie wearing the barrel out.

Archived