Skirmishing in the Rain? Does anyone bother?

CaptainSwoop
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I hate the rain.

A bit of a shower I don't mind but turning up to rain and playing in the woods all day.

No thanks.

Plus, what happens when the rain gets in the guns?

Does anyone 'tough it out' and play on a rainy day?

rember a few times its hailed and so had to stop play as you really couldnt tell when you were under fire. same for heavy rain. light stuff no bother. just depends. my guns i do worry about and do get a good cleaning afterwards. however i always for get mags. so much rust on my tommys drum mag from forgetting...

• Supporters

I actually thought you meant your own post, but you can edit the title as well... (I think) I've been a mod too long to even remember what the site looks like to you guys lol, but I think there's a way to see "More edit options" or something. I know you can edit the title in sales threads, so I think it's the same for everything else as well.

I've done it now anyway, so no harm done.

We're not like those other, rubbish forums.

I hate playing in rain, all this mud gets on your shoes and its hard to walk and than when your back home have fun cleaning all that mud and dirt from your entire airsoft set xd

But theres one plus to it! You can slide like mad! which I did :3

Airsofted in most kinds of weather.

I don't mind rain - there are times where I think it really adds to the atmosphere of the game. I still remember one game in a thick wood which, because of the heavy rain and fog, made it look a lot like a Vietnam war film...

What I do hate, is humidity. I can't stand it when the humidity is such that glasses and goggles fog up constantly. Or it fogs up your optics. You don't have to do anything, and everything fogs up.

I don't mind rain - there are times where I think it really adds to the atmosphere of the game. I still remember one game in a thick wood which, because of the heavy rain and fog, made it look a lot like a Vietnam war film...

once had a game, torrential downpour and fog plus most of my team had M4's, M16's and M60's, VERY VIET-NAM

• Supporters

wait..

People pussy out if there is weather!?

like, actual weather?

outside?

in the UK?

Surely not!

Bring it on, I say. tbh, I always get a better day if it's a little rainy/cold. The 'fair weather players' tend not to put in the same effort as the rest of us, so us 'ard northern lot get a properly good skirmish

Plenty of dry days to do it.

Like Fishing in the winter. I have friends who go all weathers. They sit there under a brolly with their quilted thermal gear on all winter and catch absolutely nothing because the fish have their heads down and aren't feeding and won't be for weeks.

Hobbies are for enjoyment, we aren't under orders and when it's raining I have other things I can be doing indoors.

Woodland Skirmishes are worst becuase you keep getting wet even after the rain stops as the water drips down of the leaaves and branches above you.

I love playing in the wet, rainy, mucky, slip-sliding, not sure if its rain or sweat running down ya face days in our woodland site. It changes the game play just as playing a familiar site but at night does. You have to think more and def be prepared to get proper mucky! :D

i dont care if its rain, hail, sleet, snow or stupidly windy i still play

but then again im 200ft underground :D

I had to ask the marshal the other week on a game if I was being hit... my legs were numb with the cold and wet! :D (yes I had been btw.... quite a bit lol)

Archived