Is there a problem suppliers face getting stock?

Jamie_pc
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Just a little rant........'out of stock' seems to be the new craze phrase on most UK air-soft sites at the moment......Is there a problem these businesses are facing importing these guns into the UK?

Id seriously love to know...... rant over!

post-8248-0-31028100-1381734422_thumb.jpg

Tell me about it, I am trying to get a DE M56C and even European shops dont have it.

trouble is it seems that all the less than desirable retailers have stock (prob because no one buys from them) Having run a business myself, i understand that you don't want to hold too much stock at any one point. However, having no stock for a retailer is basically business suicide.........Its a fine balance between the two, so granted its not easy.. But c'mon its all about accurate forecasting of sales and keeping in touch with reps/suppliers so you know what the current UK stock level is and what is accessible to you at that point.

Apologies again guys, another rant concluded.....;)

• Supporters

It's probably because most stock comes from asia and it all comes in batches. So when it's gone they have to wait for it to get shipped over to restock. Even then it's not straight forward. KWA orders happen so that you get guns or mags in your shipment, not both. TM orders get a random selection of their line- the retailer wont get to choose specific items.

What are you after to buy? We can probably find one for you.

Stock comes in to the country in Batches.

It iis easier to mark an item on a Website as 'Out of Sotck' and then later take the marker off than it is to completely remove it from a page and then add it back in later.

retailing stock from abroad is a #### say you normally stock say 10 items from one company. you run out of one but you usually have a minimum order value and dont want to order till a few others run out/ lower. then when you do order backlog delays then shipping delays payment times etc. (dont know why they dont have a hub of some sort in the uk for them to have stock to forward to companys in the uk. course it all sells regardless but still. also some companys have silly rules on their orders that you must stock xy and z when only x and y will sell, and they will send equal quantities of each etc. (cough games workshop are guilty of most everything mentioned here btw for fellow nerds...)

Im not after anything specific, just browsing. I understand the whole batch thing. I used to sell harleys from the US that were shipped to Germany (where i was based) to sell on to US troops. That was dealing with German paperwork for tax, import and export (when they went back to the US) and also the American tax system plus all sorts of military paperwork for reg and tax etc..... A bloody nightmare!

I just think given the continued success of the sport they would have a rep in this country from each manufacturer. A hub would also be a good idea. I mean they could appoint one of the shops as the rep and hub? I dont know just kind of see a shortfall or something missing here, im sure the business is there to support such a move by the manufacturer? Maybe i should give em a call ;)

• Supporters

I think that many of the retailers over here put out the impression that they're much bigger than they really are, the sport isn't as big as those on the inside maybe think it is.

The UKs biggest (debatable admittedly) are Zero-one, and their entire operation runs out of one mid-size industrial unit, pro-airsoft supplies and wolf armouries in london are small high-street shops. The UK market is probably big enough for a representative from each of the companies to be retained for trade shows and the like, but in most cases it's more economical for things to be done remotely and for shipments to come across by sea in bulk.

If anyone knows of somewhere selling a trishot DE M56C or the ASG version let me know :)

Quite a few places have got back to me with they either dont stock them any more or they are no longer available.

anyway apologies to all who may have been annoyed or cheesed off by my outburst, good to have a sanity check every once in a while that its not just me that feels this way. As you say jcheeseright, its probably smaller scale than we like ourselves to believe and from what you have said about the largest retailer operating from a small industrial unit it would proove that right.

I used to work in the gun trade, i did an apprenticeship at Purdeys making shotguns and rifles. My mind is turning over as to whether it would be viable to get a small hobby lathe, milling machine and produce a range of airsoft guns tailored to the user. More so based on others root mechanics, but with a tailored touch to suit the individuals requirements?

Just thinking out loud.....Not sure if it would ever be a full time business, but could at least make use of my engineering background!

Well, thanks for all the responses :)

If anyone knows of somewhere selling a trishot DE M56C or the ASG version let me know :)

Quite a few places have got back to me with they either dont stock them any more or they are no longer available.

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/Double-Eagle-M56C-pump-action-shotgun-3-shot-per-pump.html

its 2 tone, and i think its in stock

I don't want to buy a 2 tone and then paint it. I will feel dirty forever!

There seems to be an abundance of 2 tones :(

I don't want to buy a 2 tone and then paint it. I will feel dirty forever!

There seems to be an abundance of 2 tones :(

lol, yeah...i feel ya

My advice is don't take the website as the definitive answer that a retailer is out of stock, I did exactly that when looking for my USP match but phoned JD to see when they had more coming to find they are building a new website and the stock levels on the current one aren't correct, it's also down to how well a retailer looks after their website, some seem not to be that bothered so always worth a phone around if there is something you're after, today's we depend on the internet and website information too much, what's wrong with a few quick calls to confirm things are or are not there?

• Supporters

Considering how much maturity is required to play the sport, I find it pretty incredible how much bellendery goes on between various retailers, suppliers, and manufacturers. It probably would be better for us, as players, if a single hub collected orders from all over the UK and then passed them on as bulk orders to the various manufacturers, but there's no way that whomever got the honour of being the hub wouldn't take advantage of it... Fire Support already do that with ICS stuff. It ended up being cheaper for me to order a particular ICS gear set from America, even after paying VAT + £8 handling fee & shipping... and I had the gears within a week, while FS said he could order a few in a couple of weeks. Mental.

The prices in the UK are slightly annoying also.

As much as I would like to go and visit Land Warrior to get a gun, I can get them cheaper from overseas with free shipping, and still get them within a week.

Yeah I am getting a Cyma 039U and Cyma 030 from Taiwangun.com as soon as my UKARA comes through.

Encountering the same problem with Patrol Base. Im after one ot their masks (http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/half-face-airsoft-protection/patrol-base-square-face-protection-olive-green.htm) but they cant even give me a date when they expect to have stock

Airsoft Zone have this mask in stock and a couple of quid cheaper too.

Archived