What's your choice for load carrying?

Lozart
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What's your load carrier of choice?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer to carry your gear about?

• Chest Rig
    • Plate carrier/body armour
    • Tactical vest
    • Belt order
    • Just jam stuff in pockets

• Supporters

On the horns of a chest rig versus vest dilemma at the minute so I wondered what everyone else prefers and why? I currently have a MOLLE tactical vest which is mostly mesh so it's nice and breathable but I'd like a bit more mobility so I'm thinking WSH*

What say you all?

• Supporters

Depends on the site I'll be playing at or how I'm feeling. Generally I prefer newer lighter weight stuff to older heavier gear. I prefer to run just a small belt rig when possible though I've got a small plate carrier too, just depends if I can be bothered to carry it all or not :)

I've a MOLLE belt rig, enables me to carry everything I need, 6 mags, pistol, water bottle, First Aid Kit, dump pouch and an admin pouch with all my spare ammo & speed loader. All the weights on my hips and my top half is exposed so I don't over heat and I can feel those hits!

• Supporters

My PLCE rig is similar, Mike, but probably a bit heavier. It is cooler (temp) to wear than my assault vest or RICAS though and I can get literally a full day skirmishing worth of kit in it, including MRE & snacks and my famous patent PLCE Brew Kit, and not feel overburdened. That said, I use a Web-tex hydration pack on my back with it. If I had 2L of water hanging off the belt also I think I'd take a dim view...

Or strip it down to 1 double ammo pouch and 1 modified medic pouch for pyros, speed-loaders, mints, and smoking paraphernalia.

My Soviet rig is pretty lightweight too, but as yet I haven't got the belt order part sorted for any circumstances, The lifchik chest rig is great for 3 AK mags, few pyros, and mints. But 3 midcaps is not enough if I'm using an AK as my primary - I have some 3mag belt pouches too, but they don't work that well with a dump pouch and then there's my SVD... I have a proper pouch for those mags on the way, so we shall see... If I do get a Vz61 Skorpion it'll be back to the drawing board again :lol: I may shell out for a proper Soviet sniper harness in the end.

I mainly use my chest rig, however I've been experimenting with belt rigs recently- at my last game I ran a belt with a triple MP5 mag pouch and a double closed top STANAG mag pouch (for batteries, yorkies etc). I found that rig a lot more easy to use, but I'm going to try out my rig again with the pouches I've ordered.

Depends on how long the games are. For a full day game I tend to wear a plate carrier so I can carry hydration, spare ammo and everything I need with out having to return to the safe zone.

For shorter games I have started using a low profile drop leg (a bit Chris Costa stylee) with 3 taco pouches so I can carry 3 AR mags and 3 pistol mags. Sometimes I add a dump pouch to my belt too. I have a pistol in a CQC holster on a duty belt, as well as clipping a radio to the belt. 3 mags is plenty, especially for single shot games. Then I reload them at breaks. http://www.ebairsoft.com/cordura-mini-modular-drop-panel-multicam-p-4307.html

For the most part I use my chest rig with optional back panel and belt rig with drop leg rig and drop leg holster.

But i have to carry up to 9 primary mags, spare ammo, BFG, Smokes, pistol and 4 pistol mags.

I wil be getting a WAS DCS in OD when they get released.

I use a lightweight chest rig and a molle belt for extra magazine pouches, dump pouch, shotgun pouch, and pistol holster.

I need the molle belt as I use an AK and the chest rig only fits 3 mags, but fits 6 m4.

Its a very low drag setup.

I run around with one of those cheap viper vests with some mods like a web-tex daypack yoke attached to the shoulders and belt with a cheap molle hydration pack under that.

Since my last post, my order of open top 5.56mm mag pouches has arrived and I can say that I very much prefer to use my chest rig now, since I don't have to pull a velcro flap up every time I want to reload.

Even when fully loaded with 3x M4 midcaps in pouches, and admin pouch and a speedloader, the rig doesn't feel too bulky and it's still very comfortable to wear and move about in. The only problem I have with the rig is it's rigidity (or lack of it) as the parts on either side of the mag pouches which are unpopulated with pouches (as of now) are very flappy when handling, although it's not noticeable when worn.

• Supporters

I now just tend to rock up in whatever was closest to my bed on the floor and stuff mags and speedloaders into whatever pocket is closest when I'm sorting gear out on site. Sunday mornings are hard, even for those of us who don't drink ;)

it works quite well so far, I've played a couple games like this and still seem to hold my own against those with ££££££££$$$£$£$£$£$£$£ strapped to them in the form of multicam plate carriers

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

In my experience, whatever the rig might be 'classified' as doesn't matter in the slightest. You can make a belt rig weigh tons, you can setup a plate carrier to weigh hardly anything.

Choose the category of LBE you want based on where on your body wish to carry the kit. For example, I like to have an emergency reload rifle mag and pistol mags on my left hip, so I've got belt setups for that, then a plate carrier to carry the mags to replenish the belt, because I like having that backup ammo on the front of my torso. Some people prefer to have all their mags down on their waist so they'll have just a belt/webbing setup with multi-mag pouches. Or they'll like all the ammo on their torso, so they'll have just a chest rig.

As another example, same goes with water. If I'm gonna carry any I like a hydro bladder on my back, which usually means either a PC or a Chest rig with a back panel (irony being most airsoft 'chest rigs' are replicas of equipment that carries plates), but I find the dedicated PC more comfortable than a CR+Panel setup plus there's a lot more options out there given widespread military adoption of armour and plate carriers with PALS. Alternatively some like a water bottle rather than a bladder, so they'll have a shorter/deeper pouch on the back or side somewhere for that bottle.

Overall, from all the different bits of kit I've tried, something like one of these gives the best all-round compromise between heat dissipation, PALS real estate, weight/mobility and quick & easy putting on/off.

http://www.first-spear.com/product.php?productid=17524&cat=274&page=1

http://www.first-spear.com/product.php?productid=17663&cat=273&page=1

Not saying everyone has to go out and buy FS because it's overkill for airsoft in most situations, I just spend a lot of time on their website. But you can get a BULLE MLE for about £25 (35 in MC) from flecktarn.co.uk and that'll do basically the same job.

A mix of old gear bought at flea markets. But primarily ALICE. But for the sake of authenticity,Pretend it's early Dragunov pattern Smersh with a Y harness ;)

So:

ALICE LC2 Belt

ALICE LC2 Suspenders.Got my Radio clipped onto it.

Pat58 water bottle pouch used as a utility pouch.Holds 3 VSR mags,3 Speed loaders,2 pistol mags,death rag and plenty of spare space. Sometimes I jam In a balaclava if it gets cold,or a packet of sweets or something

Soviet Canteen

Soviet leather pistol holster.

I would like to get more genuine soviet stuff but I'm happy with it as of now. Very light and practical. I still need to get a knife sheath,The elastic straps I had on my shin are very uncomfortable.

Whole thing cost me approx 40 euro or less.

That's pretty damn cost effective! My rig's cost me £86 including every pouch I've bought for it :D but TBH I'm using 2 of the 5 I've bought in a belt rig to complement my rig/if I'm running my MP5. I don't think i'd have enough time in between games to take all my 5.56 pouches and admin pouch off the rig and then thread the accessory and triple MP5 pouch on afterwards :)

Archived