Have taken delivery of TM G36K Recoil Shock, need advice

kirvesuk
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I've had a lot of fun playing around with my new TM 36K today, but I was after some advice from you guys, the experts!

I noticed on single shot, it feeds perfectly from the included 50 round mag, and also from a fairly cheap 470 round mag. However, if I swap to full auto, the gun quickly stops firing BBs, and if I pull the mag out then 4 or 5 BBs will drop. If I do 2 second bursts of full auto the situation is a bit better, but eventually the same thing will happen.

My question to the experts is - could this be because I'm using an 11 quid high cap, would a 35 quid TM high cap feed better? Or, is it nothing to do with the mag, but the BBs I was using? I will admit, the note from LandWarrior said to use Blaster BBs, but I think they may have been cheaper ones on the gun range today.

Thoughts?

Cheers :-)

Simply yes, TM mags will always work best in TM rifles, bin the cheapo hi cap and buy the real ones, saves you knackering your hop rubber and maybe causing jams which could do more damage

And if you're not sure about the quality of the bb's then don't use them, better the quality, better the result

• Supporters

Does the magazine that came with it feed on auto? If not, either the gun is faulty and you should send it back under warranty (don't try and fix it yourself, just get a new one!) or your BBs are rubbish. The little bag of BBs that comes in the box with the gun aren't the best for skirmishing but they're perfectly adequate for testing a magazine.

Does the magazine that came with it feed on auto? If not, either the gun is faulty and you should send it back under warranty (don't try and fix it yourself, just get a new one!) or your BBs are rubbish. The little bag of BBs that comes in the box with the gun aren't the best for skirmishing but they're perfectly adequate for testing a magazine.

Gonna have to disagree. Marui BBs are some of the best I've used,almost as good as Maruzen Grandmasters.

This sort of problem has many factors. But from what I can tell it seems like the high cap sort of sucks,JG and TM rentals at the site do have this problem also with cheapo hicaps. Try get some Midcaps,or a TM hicap. Recent TM guns I've found have been picky with magazines.

I know one of the issues of the BB's dropping out when removing the mag is due to the way the mag loads into the hop. If you look into the magwell you'll see a long (10-15mm) barrel which goes down into the mag to release the BB's into the hop. Because this is soo long it fills with BB's which are not secure in the hop or fall back into the mag, so they drop. It is not something to be concerned about, its just something about the design of the G36. I have a similar problem with a different make of G36. Its a design flaw, not a flaw with your specific gun.

I loose 6 BB's every time I remove the mag. With short games. I probably loose around 50+ BB's each game day.

Hi all.

Thanks for all the info. A combination of silicon lube, blaster BBs and a few thousand rounds through the gun seem to have done the trick. The auto is now smooth and jam free :-)

To anyone thinking of a TM recoil shock, I would say go for it!

Archived