G&G Combat Machine AEG CM16 R8-L

gazm1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Gooday Sir

Welcome to Sons of Guns.

What is your budget and do you want that customized at all ?

No seriously Gareth, buying guns is like my wife buying dresses..

Tries them all on, cant decide and then back to the first one again.

Its very subjective.

They're a good gun but what do you really want, really really want !

I was browsing in an American gun shop once and their opening pitch was, what do you want to take down and how much did you want to spend ?

Gooday Sir

Welcome to Sons of Guns.

What is your budget and do you want that customized at all ?

No seriously Gareth, buying guns is like my wife buying dresses..

Tries them all on, cant decide and then back to the first one again.

Its very subjective.

They're a good gun but what do you really want, really really want !

I was browsing in an American gun shop once and their opening pitch was, what do you want to take down and how much did you want to spend ?

I know what you mean about the dresses, I can never decide either :ph34r:

I would say my budget for the rifle itself is between £120 & £150 and I would be looking to add a fore grip and possibly a light to it (although I am sure it would be further customised once im 'up to speed')

Just looking around to see whats available and how much I will need to save/steal from the wifes purse

The G&G Combat Range are a good starter gun. I have their Top Tech rifles and are they are nice solid, dependable guns.

My advice is to for a model with rails rather than the M4 type hand grips as you have more space for attachments. Foregrips are cheap so worth doing at the outset.

Buy the gun with iron sights and get used to it, then decide which optics to go for.

Choosing optics can be harder than choosing a rifle !

They even do a pink one if you want to use it on your dress weekends !

The G&G Combat Range are a good starter gun. I have their Top Tech rifles and are they are nice solid, dependable guns.

My advice is to for a model with rails rather than the M4 type hand grips as you have more space for attachments. Foregrips are cheap so worth doing at the outset.

Buy the gun with iron sights and get used to it, then decide which optics to go for.

Choosing optics can be harder than choosing a rifle !

They even do a pink one if you want to use it on your dress weekends !

Maybe if I buy a pink one the mrs might not see it as such a monumentous waste of money! As for the sights, the one from Zero comes with a red dot

• Supporters

Maybe if I buy a pink one the mrs might not see it as such a monumentous waste of money! As for the sights, the one from Zero comes with a red dot

I say go for it with the caveat that it may be a bit long if you fancy a bit of CQB. I've used my buds GR4 (the one with all the faux Magpul stuff) and it's a nice gun. Front end was a bit wobbly but I think it just needs a bit of a service. Reliable and accurate enough for the price.

The point Im trying to make is that you might not like their red dot.

I have one rifle with an EoTech and x4 magnifier, another with a red dot and integral x2 magnifier and a pistol with laser red dot and light.

I move them all round depending on what I need.

All I was suggesting is getting used to the gun with zeroed in ironsights and then assessing what optic you might like to fit.

The point Im trying to make is that you might not like their red dot.

I have one rifle with an EoTech and x4 magnifier, another with a red dot and integral x2 magnifier and a pistol with laser red dot and light.

I move them all round depending on what I need.

All I was suggesting is getting used to the gun with zeroed in ironsights and then assessing what optic you might like to fit.

got ya, good tip!

• Supporters

Equally if you get the one with the red dot and you don't like it, you can always sell it on....

My best mate has one, cracking gun, performs really well out the box, the red dot sight is a pretty good quality his only feedback would be that it's a little bit too big for cqb. The front sight post on most of the combat machine range is fixed on so you can't remove it with dremmeling it off but this one doesn't have that issue and Pro Airsoft Supplies fitted it with deans for £1!

Also think about where you will play mostly. I play indoor CQB so a shorter gun is a bit more handy.

It will be mostly woodland so prolly not a lot of CQB

My best mate has one, cracking gun, performs really well out the box, the red dot sight is a pretty good quality his only feedback would be that it's a little bit too big for cqb. The front sight post on most of the combat machine range is fixed on so you can't remove it with dremmeling it off but this one doesn't have that issue and Pro Airsoft Supplies fitted it with deans for £1!

One of the reasons im looking at it and not the raider

Ive got their version of the HK 416 which has a folding front sight and the HK turret type rear sight.

I just fold the font down and remove the rear sight when I use my optics.

By the way make sure you get the HK tool for adjusting the sight if you buy it standalone.

i have the CM16 Raider L , fantastic EPIC gun :D , i would have got the R8, but they had only just come out at the time. They do look good though B)B)

Wonder what it would look like with the scope from my air rifle mounted on it lol

• Supporters

Wonder what it would look like with the scope from my air rifle mounted on it lol

it would look cool B) , but go with a 20mm ris riser and a acog ... you know it makes sense ;):D

also if your going to buy from pro airsoft supplies, have a look here >>> http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/16141-wwwproairsoftsuppliescouk/ as in my post there is a way to get your gun even cheaper! (but feel free to use ian's link ;) )

Archived