How do from Leeds !

Fumps
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys

I've been lurking a while to find out about this the Airsoft hobby. Just thought I'd sign on & say hello.

To explain a bit about myself:

I'm a 37 year old dad who has kind of got into this through my son who thinks Airsoft is the coolest thing in the world. Unfortunately he's only 10 so is too young to go to skirmishes just yet, but he has become a very keen paintball fighter. Which he see's as training till finally go to an Airsoft skirmish.

As I say I've been reading through all the info on here which is very useful (Cheers guys) to find out what I will need and what I'm most likely going to end up spending in the future, Luckily I'm not an impuslive person, I will consider what is adequate for my needs (Rather than spending money on the first thing I like) before I part with money. But I can see why people spend cash on this hobby it looks addictive to say the least :D

I'm planning on my first skirmish once I'm back up to fitness (Which will be after Xmas) So yeh .....hello !!

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Have a good read through the Pinned posts and i'm sure there will be a few links posted here very soon for you to check out.

Two essential things to by for skirmishing are a good pair of goods and good eye/face protection.

Have fun and take your hits and it'll be a fantastic hobby! :)

Hi Suzuki

Thanks for welcome mate.

Luckily I'm an avid outdoors kind of person so I have most of the kit (Paraboots, padded gloves, DPM outfit & various bits) .

Will get the face & eye protection maybe in the next few days which I'm taking the advice from the Noob sections.

And I'm staying away from Just BB Guns which the adivce is also noted (I wish I knew this before last xmas lol)

:D

I've made my mistakes too many times.

I'm a keen mountain biker & also a Bass player. You can loose lots of money by not drawing from people who know.....I now reserch everything before i jump in.

Archived