9 cell battery / no 9 cell option on charger?

two_zero
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I recently ordered a new NiMH battery, as well as a charger.

Problem came when I looked at the chargers options 2, 4, 5, 6 ,7, 8, 10 cells.. no option for 9, which happened to be the number of cells in the battery I purchased.

What do I do?

Also, if the charger isn't suitable, is the rubbish ones that comes with CYMA suitable, or are they just for the included 7 cell batteries?

Why did you buy a 10.8V Nihm battery? Unless you have a fully upgraded gearbox that is going to be quite a strong battery, since fully charged it is going to be putting out around 13.4V. That's about the same as a fully charged 11.1V Lipo, although the Lipo will push out the power in a better manner. For a standard AEG gearbox you only need a 9.6V Nihm, or a 7.4V Lipo. An 11.1V could overspin the motor and wreck your gearbox if it's not upgraded to cope with the extra power.

As to your original question, try it on the 8 cell setting and see how well it charges. If it doesn't charge it fully then using the 10 cell setting for a lesser time than that suggested might be OK, but could burn out the cells.

Why did you buy a 10.8V Nihm battery? Unless you have a fully upgraded gearbox that is going to be quite a strong battery, since fully charged it is going to be putting out around 13.4V. That's about the same as a fully charged 11.1V Lipo, although the Lipo will push out the power in a better manner. For a standard AEG gearbox you only need a 9.6V Nihm, or a 7.4V Lipo. An 11.1V could overspin the motor and wreck your gearbox if it's not upgraded to cope with the extra power.

As to your original question, try it on the 8 cell setting and see how well it charges. If it doesn't charge it fully then using the 10 cell setting for a lesser time than that suggested might be OK, but could burn out the cells.

Why? because I was not aware of this and I wanted a higher ROF! so you reckon it be to strong for a standard cm.045 then? shame.

As for Lipo, they don't seem worth the hassle, "empty them and they die.. they will catch fire... gun has to be Lipo ready.... the sky will fall down.. etc etc..."

and thanks for the answer!

Archived