AOR 2?? what do you think

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

S'okay. But if YOU like it that's the most important bit.

I like AOR1 but not 100% on AOR2.

Not really seen much of it to be honest.

• Supporters

I've been using aor2 for a while, in woodland it's extremely effective (providing you get a decent replica, the TMC/ Emerson stuff is awful and virtually day-glo). So much so that at my last skirmish I had several people ask what the pattern was called so they could get some.

Highly recommended, if you can't afford the real stuff (I know I can't!) allwin or toy soldier are best, you soldier use NWU Type 3 fabric which is the same pattern and colours as AOR2 but with a USN logo embedded here and there. Allwin is an extremely accurate replica and what I bought.

I personally REALLY like it. It looks really cool, I've only seen one guy IRL using it, but in the location he was in, it wasn't too effective.

Still, really looks the part IMO.

• Supporters

I expect the lighter speckles make it better than marpat for dappled light in woodland, so creeping about in summer undergrowth ought to be where AOR-2 earns its keep, in the UK. IIRC, the link Loz put up t'other day showed that in US Army testing 2007-8 marpat beat AOR-2 in woodland conditions but, hilariously given prevailing attitudes, top scorer in woodland was Chinese Digital Woodland (Type 07 I spose, but it doesn't make it clear)! :lol:

cheers, i like the marpat woodland too and just need the trousers to finish that uniform.

the way i can see the aor 2 pattern working best is the vegetation that has more of a water sources and so the seals who would probably need it around the landing areas or along the banks of streams where the vegetation is generally more green. I think the marpat probably works better in the woodland situations due to the more of a brown to the colour.. but if you wanted to hide better in say british countryside (farmed areas with more grasses areas for grazing) then aor 2 or plain olive green may actually be more effective.

take a look at this link

and

http://youtu.be/tRMy_NloQ-s%C2'>

Archived