Hi From a Newb in kent!

Jamie_pc
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Been stalking this site for a little while now, thought id finally be a courteous person and at least join :)

I live in Kent (Sittingbourne), im 34 and trying to get into airsoft skirmish as a hobby.

Up until about 3 months ago I had been in a wheelchair for 2 years following on from an injury and many complications, any-ways ive had a implant placed in my spine that allows me to walk with a stick for now. I'm hoping to regain my strength and tolerance for the pain this causes to lose the stick soon and walk unaided.

Well enough of the sob story..... I know im never going to be able to run like i could before, however i am interested in what your guys honest opinions of me entering airsoft in a snipers capacity? do you think this would be feasible? I can be mobile for short bursts, but im not able to sustain these for long periods.

Also im interested in maybe observing or marshalling at airsoft to pick up knowledge and meet locals, would this be possible in your opinions?

Lastly, are there any clubs or such near me that you guys know of?

Thanks in advance, and well done on producing such an informative site.

J

hey mate. nice to hear from more kent people. i skirmish in dover. theres a guy there who normally.uses a walking stick. hes had a hip replacement. when its to much me just has a sit down and tells a marshall. you could play most game types still as a sniper or designated marksman. they both move less than normal its still possible to have alot of fun. just make.sure it wont make your condition worse. to ve hobest i have hqd surgery on my heart and still incounter pain alot. i still enjoy a full airaoft career lol

Welcome to the forum!

You could also think about a support gunner role. No need for the big support weapon, just a good AEG Assault rifle, plenty of high cap magazines and an itchy trigger finger!!! :lol:

Sorry to hear about your trouble mate.

Where there is a will there is always a way.

Sites are run by people and some are tossers and some aren't.

Have a talk to some site organisers. Ring them don't email them and explain your predicament.

I suspect some wont want the hassle, some will say yes and mean no and some will do their level best to accommodate you. If I were you I would make a short list of those within reach, call them and accept that there has to be a gold nugget in there.

Look at it as it is. You are the customer and you are looking at which one to give your money to.

Don't let them kid you that they are doing you any kind of favour.

Some roles in the game can be more static than others.

How about setting up a machine gun nest ?

The Sandpit have a machine gun mounted on a vehicle which you could use. Not seen it or been there myself but heard good things.

my site shadow opz. dino the boss is very accomodating. if you wanna marshall and not get paid for it he is quite happy about that. he let a regulars wife do it. small or.large game types can work as small you can set up quickly with sniper or aupport and put rounds down. in a large long game you can have a little walk to find a good place covering an objective or such then kill buggers who come close

Thanks all for the responses, will make a shortlist. Sandpit looks awesome as does shadow ops! wouldnt mind making sure i go on a day one of you lads are there and kind of pick your brains! (with prior written consent :P )

Ill call up shadow ops and see when and if he can suggest a good day to come along and be target practice/marshall for free. Yeah i shouldnt make the condition worse, but after being a guy that ran marathons etc, then wheelchair.........im itching to get back to some plain honest fun and meet some like minded people.

I did skirmish a few times when the scene kind of kicked off in a site in surrey (the name evades me) we had alot of fun, then the birth of my son kind of got in the way and the rest as they say is history!

Any of you guys actually form a unit? like specific role team? we kind of had that going, we used our motorbike coms to communicate and alternated between paintball and airsoft as there was like one skirmish every 2 months....

anyway, thanks again for the responses and ideas.

oh and remember,

if the enemy is in range, so are you!

J

Archived