2nd hand airsoft shop?

sammy7676
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is an airsoft classified site a good idea?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Is it a good idea?

2. 2. Would you use the site?

I have recently bought an online store and was considering turning it into a classifieds site (like ebay or gumtree) dedicated to airsoft! Do you guys think it is a good idea?

I was thinking have one section for 2 tone and another section for RIFs and to enter that part you must give a UKARA number. If not I would make it sellers responsibility to make sure the buyer has UKARA still unsure though hahaha :)

I have recently bought an online store and was considering turning it into a classifieds site (like ebay or gumtree) dedicated to airsoft! Do you guys think it is a good idea?

What will be different about it, many uk airsoft forums already offer this?

Ebay style would be cool, where you had to enter your ukara number when signing up.

So the only people who could buy or sell on the site would be people with UKARA, despite the fact that you don't need to be UKARA registered to buy or sell a RIF?

OP: The biggest problem with any such website is what lability you, as the site owner, would take when someone using your site breaks a law (an under 18 buying a RIF for example, or someone selling without a defence) or when the inevitable scammers come along and scam people out of money. If the answer is 'I'm taking little to no liability' then how does your service differ from any of the current established second hand sales section on the forums. If the answer is 'some to a lot of liability' then how will that work? Will you check defences, guarantee the guns, reimburse the scammed, etc.?

It would be a mix between many forums so there would be more buyers and more sellers therefore you are more likely to find what you want or sell what you don't want :)

So you'd take no liability, and essentially what you're proposing is just a forum that only does sales. So effectively this forum, or any of the other UK airsoft forums, but without 90% of the content? Literally an airsoft forum with no discussion section, no advice section, no legal section, no news section, etc. just a sales forum?

So the only people who could buy or sell on the site would be people with UKARA, despite the fact that you don't need to be UKARA registered to buy or sell a RIF?

No If you want to sell RIFs or buy RIFs you must be UKARA registered. When you sign up you will be asked for UKARA whether you give it or not is up to you, if you give it I will check it and once confirmed then you can enter the part of the site that sells RIFs if not you can still enter the parts of the site that doesn't. As for the other points you made I would need to think about.

So you'd take no liability, and essentially what you're proposing is just a forum that only does sales. So effectively this forum, or any of the other UK airsoft forums, but without 90% of the content? Literally an airsoft forum with no discussion section, no advice section, no legal section, no news section, etc. just a sales forum?

I would take liability of making sure people have UKARA but my site would be just for sales yes.

Ok (and I'm not just trying to piss on your chips here, I'm just putting on the 'potential problems' hat to help you think it through) you're now saying that (and never mind the logistics of checking this now) the only people allowed to buy and sell on your site are those who are UKARA registered. Why? Doesn't this just rule out a chunk of the airsoft community? Why would this be a requirement anyway? There's no legal obligation to be UKARA registered to buy or sell RIFs.

Ok (and I'm not just trying to piss on your chips here, I'm just putting on the 'potential problems' hat to help you think it through) you're now saying that (and never mind the logistics of checking this now) the only people allowed to buy and sell on your site are those who are UKARA registered. Why? Doesn't this just rule out a chunk of the airsoft community? Why would this be a requirement anyway? There's no legal obligation to be UKARA registered to buy or sell RIFs.

hahaha dont worry im learning quite a bit actually, and no i am saying to buy or sell RIFs (not 2 tone) you need to be UKARA registered, This is the easiest way of me to prove that they have a defence.

But I'm pointing out that this will exclude a whole load of airsofters for no reason other that that it's easy for you to do the checks that way, that seems a little lazy or cliquey towards those who are UKARA registered.

What if I just have a bunch of old RIFs I want to sell from when I used to play? Your new sales forum sounds ideal, but I can't use it because I'm not UKARA registered. Why do I need to be UKARA registered to sell my RIFs anyway? I might ask.

Hmmmm I know what you mean, I must give it more thought, its still early and I just wanted to see whether you guys thought it was a good idea before I developed it further

this has been done before few years ago, prob still running somewhere if i can find link, never really got off ground

I wouldnt waste the effort buddy. There isnt really a need for one as the many forums already have it covered.

And thats why I wont be investing
bannatyne.gif

• Supporters

OP, is there anything which you think is missing from any/all other online sales/buying format/s?

don't think I'd use it. well, not until it picked up anyway, since there is such wider range here and on that other forum. problem is, I think most people wouldn't use it until it picks up, meaning it wont.

some guys tried to start one.. airsoft exchange or something... I think I visited it twice. I think it is auctions but can't really recall.

OP, is there anything which you think is missing from any/all other online sales/buying format/s?

This needs to be the approach; if you're coming into an already established market you're going to need something new/different/better than what's already up and running. Mind you, if I knew what that was I might be doing it myself!

yer but auctions you tend can go good or bad. i think maybe a refurbishment website might be better, not sure if there is one?? but just a site that buys broken guns and then sells then as second hand after getting them working??

• Supporters

yer but auctions you tend can go good or bad. i think maybe a refurbishment website might be better, not sure if there is one?? but just a site that buys broken guns and then sells then as second hand after getting them working??

That's just what I was thinking. You need a USP (no not the pistol, a Unique Selling Point) so maybe buying in second hand guns and then checking/refurbishing them to add value and to give buyers a degree of confidence that the gun they've bought 2nd hand isn't just "pre-fucked".

ohhh someone sound like they took business studies. yer so you give a second hand gun a warranty on the parts once they have been checked and fixed. at the end of the day most of what you pay for is the shell of a gun. once the gear.box works it easy to make adjustments

• Supporters

ohhh someone sound like they took business studies. yer so you give a second hand gun a warranty on the parts once they have been checked and fixed. at the end of the day most of what you pay for is the shell of a gun. once the gear.box works it easy to make adjustments

No, no business studies for me. But I am a salesman.

Archived