f2000 problem help please

Jolley
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

my f2000 was working like a dream until recently when all of a sudden it has decided to consistently double feed.

so my questions are:

has anyone experianced this with an f2000?

does anyone know what is causes it?

and how do i fix it?

this gun is my baby i would be lost without it :(

i appreciate it isn't the most common gun and not many people would have come in contact with one any help would be appreciated greatly.

cheers Jolley

Regardless of the model, almost all AEGs operate on exactly the same principle, so it's likely to be either a hop unit or gearbox problem, unless (unlikely) you have a faulty mag. Double feeding can be caused by a delay in the nozzle moving forward to push the next single BB into the hop unit, which could be due to wear in the nozzle or tappet plate, so allowing a second BB to push up into the top of the hop chamber. However, more likely is that you are actually getting one BB stuck in the hop, which then gets pushed out when the next BB is fed into the hop and ejected by the air blast, so that actually you are getting single feed but double ejection (i.e. one "blank" shot then one good one that kicks out both BBs).

First have a look at your hop settings. Is the hop turned on too much, as that may be the cause of the problem. If it is, try turning the hop fully off, then checking if it's feeding properly again. If it is, problem sorted, although you may need to tweak the hop to get it sorted right for your chosen ammo weight. If it still does it then check that you are getting good FPS on the BB, as poor air seal between nozzle and hop rubber can cause a loss of power that stops the BBs being shot out correctly.

If all that fails you may need to take it to a shop or your local airsoft site to let their techie have a look at it.

it continuously shoots 2 rounds no dry fire in between but i think tonight ill strip it down and inspect the nozzle never thought of the nozzle. cheers ill post results.

Archived