a propper moan

armysurplusandtoys
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

***Note to self on first few skirmishes I go on***

Keep head down, look before I shoot,make sure face, neck,head are well covered & expect to be a target lol

Sounds like you've got the right idea there! :)

The Guide for Newbs is very good. Ditto the Newbs guide to CQB.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like you've got the right idea there! :)

The Guide for Newbs is very good. Ditto the Newbs guide to CQB.

Yeh mate I'm finding all the info I need on here, you guys have made a good site. I'm learning loads.

To be honest I was expecting a certain amount of fire during my first few skirmishes, but I was unsure of player

Etiquette. All good stuff though

• Supporters

My opinion: it happens. As has been said, adrenaline, being under fire yourself, dead players crossing into the line of fire, twitch...

I'm guilty - last weekend I lit up my own team member and his captive enemy. I saw a red armband and fired (we were green) but as understandable as that sounds, I had shot the enemy whom was being captured! Doh! Another team member captured the enemy though, so all was well that ended well. I did apologise profusely and offer my arse to be shot point blank, but he declined.

On the other hand, if I get hit in the few seconds after shouting hit and raising an arm, that's fair enough, but any longer than that and it's pure bellendism: I swear; the more it hurts, the more vociferously. That said I also expect to be sworn at if I hit someone who is walking dead.

As has also been said, apologies make all the difference.

pure bellendism

Brilliant.

Overkill doesn't really get to me all that much. It happens, and there's plenty of reasons other than bellendism why someone would shoot you when you're dead. Of course, there's a limit. If I take another two shots some someone who didn't see I was hit, or whatever the reason is, that's fine, I understand, I've shot dead people myself (though I always call out 'sorry!' if I notice what I've done). Much more than that though it can be annoying, but again, it happens.

All that really annoys me is people who think that they're immortal and are immune to being hit.

I must say i do admit its apart of the sport... but its just in some situations when its clear there is no reason why they did not even apologise? but still its better to have a small rant and then move on cheers guys :)

I also don't like it when some people treat an accident like you've just literally just punched them in the face.

For example, earlier today I played a game where we basically had to just wipe out the enemy, no respawns for either team. I was sneaking through some bushes to get to where all of the enemies started, as I knew there were all still there. I saw another guy in the bushes very close to the enemy start point. Since the game just started I didn't think a member of my team would be here already and I couldn't see what way he was facing, so I took a single shot.

And he completely flipped his wig at me. "I'M ON YOUR F*CKING TEAM! JESUS!" bloody hell mate, it was an honest mistake. I told him I was sorry and that I didn't know he was friendly. "JUST BE QUIET AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN"

I was tempted to shoot him again for being a nob. I made a mistake and all he had to do was say "friendly!" or something, no need to have an aneurysm.

Archived