a propper moan

armysurplusandtoys
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

ok to start i know i have not been playing for long (two games so far)

but my second game at the asylum this weekend has made me a bit frustrated 3 times after being hit did i get shot again.... ok i can understand if you did not see.

on one i was clearly walking around with both hands in the air..on my way to respawn

one another i was in a good position and slowing the advance of the enemy down when someone moved along the wall popped around with a pistol and shouted surrender so i did :), happy was a really tactical move and caught me napping. The other players must have seen as it was plain in their view so as i stood up and out of cover (with my pistol clearly in the air point up to the sky) i then took about 6 rounds to the face!! with the player (opposition who had taken me) stood next to me.... not very happy!

the last one is a bit grey but i wanted to mention it..... its prob a little excitement as they were getting closer to the target and there was a few opposition. As myself and two others were getting off the area and about to round the corner we all clearly shouted "dead men coming out" we all took hits i think out of about 10 players only one or two actually apologised.

i am not sure if its because there was a lot of new players, I just think that the ones who come and play for a day or its their first time may need a little more training??

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things like that happen quite often and as people gain more skirmish experience the'll learn better etiquette. Some players pick this up a lot quicker than others though.

I've shot at someone before when I shouldn't have done but apologised straight away when I knew I was wrong to do so. When I've been shot at when I've been hit and walking away with hands and gun in the air shouting "Dead man walking" someone usually shouts out sorry!

Sometimes it just depends on the site and how much action is happening during that game/time as some people get the old adrenaline pumping and are not so vigilant.

It's part and parcel of the game i'd say.

• Supporters

Indeed, six of one half a dozen of the other, they could all have been over killing arse wipes, or it could have been adrenaline and reactions quicker than target ID. Either way I'd have hoped that most of them would apologise!

I am the first to admit if someone appears in front of me I tend to shoot first and apologise later. Rather that than hesitate and get killed.

Saying that if i see or hear someone get hit i would not then shoot them.

• Supporters

Unfortunately overkill happens, it is annoying.

some people's brain trigger interface fails, and they start playing twitch kill ( fire before identifying), its how friendly fire happens etc.

There was one kid on Sunday who was doing all the above, it took for him to shoot himself in the foot on his way back to the safe zone after a game, before he calmed down and realised what he was doing lol

• Supporters

Happens so much at the Malls that it's now a part of the briefing. A lot of people just don't hear the "HIT!" called due to adrenaline, acoustics or plain stupidity. Equally I've been on the other end of the situation. Four of us were covering a doorway trying to oust a particularly stubborn (some say might cheating non hit taker) opponent. When he finally popped his head out too far for his own good all four of us let rip at him. He reacted to the first hit in all good faith but obviously not all four of us reacted as quickly and he got.....upset. Came out grumping and groaning and swearing at everybody while shining his torch at us all in a "making sure I know who you are" kind of way. Those of us closest apologised and explained the situation but he'd got the arse by that point. Shame. He was a fun opponent!

yer like people have said its annoying to get hit after being killed. i once got hit, called it and stood up. got sprayed when i stood up and got, shouted hit as loud as possible and waved my hands in the air. then couple of seconds later got spray again. lost my shit a little that time. i always say sorry for shooting dead people as its polite. you dont people hating you or they will overkill you.

• Supporters

I was once pinned in a building with no way out and kept getting peppered through the windows because people couldn't see enough of me to realise I was dead.

So I stuck my arm out of the window to make it more obvious, and then my arm almost got sawn off.

I swiftly altered the way my arm was showing:
ScreenShot2013-10-08at130240_zps91ef39e1

i still do it too often, but when you pop out shoot and withdraw before you get chance to watch if the bbs hit the mark due to incomming fire, or if you advance using burst fire etc then its going to happen. if im not sure i try to put a single round into the target to be sure, usually in the center of the target (better padded due to rigs) ( which ive learned against certain players dosent work, some you have to take the head off for them to notice they were hit...

• Supporters

With hire gunners at my site I actually actively aim for the face.

Which makes me sound like a massive nob, but realistically, it's the most protected part of them because they get given paintball masks, and because hires are so renown for being the worst cheats, it takes the dink of a headshot on their mask for them to take it anyway.

Plus it's insanely satisfying, 'cos you can hear the hit from a good 40m away.

• Supporters

With hire gunners at my site I actually actively aim for the face.

Which makes me sound like a massive nob, but realistically, it's the most protected part of them because they get given paintball masks, and because hires are so renown for being the worst cheats, it takes the dink of a headshot on their mask for them to take it anyway.

Plus it's insanely satisfying, 'cos you can hear the hit from a good 40m away.

a couple of the site near me will report you to the old bill for purposely aiming for some ones head .... if only his/her head is showing, its fair game

Hire gunners make for perfect headshot practice, I mean, if you miss the first time, what are they going to do... Hit you?!

As well as that, I'll normally fire a couple more shots are those who just walk away without putting their arm up and saying hit. It's clearly mentioned in the rules how to take a hit.

Also, it's for their safety too!

At least that's what I tell myself...

People that ignore the rules make me laugh, for example, a guy went mad because he shot at me with an empty gun instead of saying 'bang' when he was two foot away, and, as you can and should expect, I shot him.

• Supporters

Indeed, headshots happen regardless of rules saying 'no headshots'. My local site has a rule that players shouldn't intentionally aim for the head yet every other week someone loses a tooth, does anyone flap about it? No, because it's a chance you take by turning up and full face protection is something everyone can wear.

If I happened to shoot a few people in the head over the course of the day and the site owner/marshals said they were going to report me to the police for it I would laugh at them and never go back, no crime has been committed as everyone there has as already mentioned signed a waiver agreeing that they will be shot at. It's akin to someone going to martial arts lessons and the teacher reporting people to the police for assault when they spar with each other. Bloody ridiculous.

• Supporters

Report you to the police for what?

That's a dangerous slope they are on.

dunno guess its just a deterrent to stop people from deliberately head shotting and being a nob ;)

• Supporters

Took a burst in to the arm I had raised to show I was hit and walking the weekend before last; the whole day had been endless streams of overkill but that was just a whole new level over anything I'd ever experienced in game before. The culprit was notified of my displeasure. I do my best to forgive such things but at the point this happened I'd already been walking for a few moments and was bang out in the open with absolutely nothing obscuring my posture.

I get killed a lot because I keep my finger away from the trigger until I'm at least 95% sure my target is an enemy and I'd much rather die than kill a friendly. Gets much worse in the dark areas of indoor sites, because apparently when you've no way to visually identify a person that automatically makes them an opponent. There's also no possible way someone on your team managed to flank around and clear a bunch of enemies ahead of where you've gotten to is there? :rolleyes:

• Supporters

Its more frustrating especially as they must have seen the guy take me!! then to come out with gun raised upward thought it was pretty obvious??...or not lol

A lot of people would rather just shoot than think about what they are doing first. On saturday we were doing a CQB game, I got hit and shouted hit followed by dead man walking with my arms in the air as I came out of cover, almost certain it was the same guy that shot me in the side of the head. I was mad about it at the time but laughed a couple of minutes later.

The flipside is people not giving any indication they are hit then being surprised/complaining when they get a bit of overkill. Surely it is pretty obvious the first thing to do when you are hit is call it and raise your arms? not think "oooh that stung, I wonder what is for dinner tonight. the weather is nice for this time of year"

Archived