Li-Po Batteries

johnboy34
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking to change over to Li-Po batteries on my M4 its an Evolution Airsoft Lone Star Border Patrol SWAT SBR all the bumf that came with it and on their site says its Li-Po ready and after speaking to my favorite weapons technician he has said that the gun is more than ready for Li-Po's.

But here is the question i'm currently using 8.4v 1600mah Ni-Mh and none of the Li-Po's I've seen are 7.4v or 11.1v What would you guy recommend as a Li-Po upgrade?????

Any help greatly apprciated

John

Hi John

Do you mean the LiPO batteries ARE 7.4V or 11.1V ?

I use the lower voltage and they are fine. The higher ones need a gun that can take such a high voltage. My 416 has a MosFET trigger which is designed for that voltage, but I use the lower one so I can use the same batteries in all my AEG.

7.4V Lipo cranestock

7.4V Lipo standard

Lipo charger

Just a few suggestions for you.

I have two crane stock batteries and the charger for my G&G and they are great. This is also one of the best places to get your batteries from.

There are two misconceptions with lipo's 1: that guns are not lipo ready, i have no idea how this came about, its more the quality of the gun. a lipo would probably destroy a plastic piece of crap from jbbg but a lipo will work in most if not all established airsoft gun manufacturers. 2: lipo's will blow up when charging, yes lipo's can be dangerous but only if used by an idiot just don't over charge and don't keep firing until the battery is literally dead and cant fire anymore its only when people are irresponsible with lipo's when they blow up.

7.4V Lipo cranestock

7.4V Lipo standard

Lipo charger

Just a few suggestions for you.

I have two crane stock batteries and the charger for my G&G and they are great. This is also one of the best places to get your batteries from.

Will the crane stock ones fit inside the stock tube???

Thanks for the advice guys it really is appreciated it was more the Mah rating i was concerned about as didn't want to give it to much but also didn't want it to not be enough

The 2nd battery on those links will fit inside a stock tube, depending on how much wiring you have.

• Supporters

Will the crane stock ones fit inside the stock tube???

Thanks for the advice guys it really is appreciated it was more the Mah rating i was concerned about as didn't want to give it to much but also didn't want it to not be enough

The motor will only ever take as much current as it can use. A higher mAh rating will mean that it can run for longer (it's a measure of capacity not current load). Putting a higher voltage battery on the gun is what will cause the issues with burning out motors. For those that don't know the electrical theory the current in a system is calculated by diving the system voltage by its resistance. The motor and wiring is a constant in terms of resistance so changing the voltage will always change the current. If a gun can use a 9.6v NiMh battery it should be able to use a 7.4v LiPo no problem but may well struggle with an 11.1v LiPo. The reason that LiPo batteries give a better RoF and crisper response is that they deliver their current in a different way to NiMh batteries.

To that end a 1200mAh 7.4v battery will give the same current for longer than a 800mAh 7.4v battery. a 1200mAh 11.1v battery will deliver a higher current than a 1200mAh 7.4v battery for the same amount of time (all assuming the same motor and wiring).

Archived