SCAR-L CQC: VFC vs G&G

Lozart
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

1x ACOG or a proper one?

I had a 551 and a FTS magnifier on mine. The magnifier turned out to be basically useless; slightest bit of misting on the goggles and I couldn't focus properly, it wobbled and never came back to the same placed when flipped on/off.

• Supporters

One thing worth mentioning though - check the screws that hold the lower rail on are tight. After a morning running about with the EGLM on mine they had worked loose!

• Supporters

Yeah...I think my magnifier is maybe just a bit too cheap? To get the sight to sit level I had to actually remove the front elevation adjuster block which has made it loose. Might have to have a tweak again. Does your allow you to adjust the focus?

No the magnifier is a fixed focus, but it wasn't that cheap.

I had the same problem with ACOGs. Lots on the market but the price varied widely. My son bought a G&P one in the end - the one without the fibre optic tube.

• Supporters

Sounds like I should have paid a bit more for the magnifier (it's a pirate arms one - £55ish). Ah well, you lives and you learns.

I tend to buy mine from Stephen Bates on Ebay as he has a huge range of sights and scopes. The x4 one I have is currently on there for £95 but I don't think I paid as much as that.

Ive also got a Vector Optics Condor x2 from him for my SMG which is a UMP and that is a very good dot sight for £60.

• Supporters

Funnily enough, I was JUST looking at his ebay store!

• Supporters

Lozart, have you used Magpul PMAGs on your SCAR or for that matter any Polymer PMAGs or EMAGs ?

Not yet, I have some Dytac Invader mags I need to try but to be honest - first time out with it I filled the hicap with tracer and spewed glowing death all over the show. It was aces!

I'll give them a go and let you know.

I asked a few retailers including the one I bought the SCAR from and they agreed. It should work but none of them would commit to selling me a PMAG that they guaranteed would work. One said that it was effectively trial and error (obviously at my expense).

photo.JPG

My sons SCAR with the PMAG . Have also put a 4x32mm ACOG with killflash on plus a Noveske Flash Hider, stubby foregrip and UTG rail covers.

You can also set the gas regulator on this model - doesn't do anything obviously.

Archived