Different types/ best camo clothing

DazMK5
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thought I would make a topic to gather information about the different types of camos.

I'm looking for a new camo that's not as old and common as DPM.

What camos do you guys use, or what do you think is good and effective. Nothing TOO common though.

Cheers

Daz

marpat has worked for me a long time now. judging from skirmish photos it generally seem to be the one that blends in best. Much lower contrast than multicam imo

Marpat is like digital isn't it? Have you got a link to a site that sells it so I ca see what it looks like? I think I've seen it :)

if you want somit different how about customising.... I have some DPM for one of my loadouts and have dyed it with some black clothes dye. It is not black, but is much darker now. I use a contrasting cap and vest. It looks imo pretty good, seems to work well in woodland as a camo and no one else will have the same.

Cost me £7 iirc for the dye, so gotta be the cheapest way to freshen up or create a new look :-)

if you want somit different how about customising.... I have some DPM for one of my loadouts and have dyed it with some black clothes dye. It is not black, but is much darker now. I use a contrasting cap and vest. It looks imo pretty good, seems to work well in woodland as a camo and no one else will have the same.

Cost me £7 iirc for the dye, so gotta be the cheapest way to freshen up or create a new look :-)

Got picture sounds interesting :(

Did a test with my friend at our local site. I had Flecktarn, he had DPM. We noticed that DPM works better in the denser areas, whilst Flecktarn worked better in between dense and light woodlands. Flecktarn also works very well in autumn.

i have CADPAT and Urban Digital that i wear mainly, althought soon to be switching to OD and Black. but i also own some DCUS that i wore when i first started playing :)

• Supporters

VEGETATO!!!

k3OJC.jpg

wait a min ...isn't that Italian camo? ...... i don't see the white flag anywhere :lol: but i bet you can run faster backwards in it :lol::lol::lol:

(yeah i know dont give up my day job, only kidding ) ;) ;)

There is no white flag, it just loses then swaps to the winning team :D

kryptek

damn that's some weird looking camo, yet to decide if I love it or if I hate it!

photo-02.jpg

i have CADPAT and Urban Digital that i wear mainly, althought soon to be switching to OD and Black. but i also own some DCUS that i wore when i first started playing :)

Cadpat is one of the best looking camos imo, and I've considered getting some for a long time. However, I can't really see it being very effective other than in spruce forest (which would probably suit me, given I'm located in Sweden for the time being).

ya know i havent decided what i like yet but am looking for my next set and only can see that i like night shaded camos...

The not too common patterns I use are

A-TACS FG

A-TACS AU

DCU (US Tri-Colour)

and Portuguese Lizard pattern

FG and the Portuguese lizard are brilliant for grass or wooded areas so I would suggest either of them.

However, Portuguese lizard is quite old so you won't find much other than trousers and shirts in it and definitely no load bearing kit esp molle

So looks like A-TACS FG is your best bet :D

• Supporters

Thing with camo is that at best it's a compromise. One that doesn't always work of course. As hobbyists with apparently limitless income judging by some of the loadouts I've seen, we have the advantage that we can get several patterns to suit the site, the time of year or even the time of day. Most camo patterns are designed to cover a range of conditions and theatres and plenty have been regarded as downright ugly despite being relatively effective. So bearing that in mind my gear is basically coyote/tan and black. It works OK for my chosen site (The Malls) but I can already see that while a more broken pattern that the mostly black upper half I have would be desirable there's very little that will work well in both darkness and a brightly lit shopping centre! Black is aces in the dark but anything that too dark sticks out like a sore thumb in the lighter areas.

If someone can recommend a half decent compromise that would be cool. Might just break it up a bit with a coyote chest rig. After all that's all that camo is designed to do - disrupt your outline!

• Supporters

So how does an orange Hawaiian shirt fit into that then....:)

• Supporters

Red and White Hawaiian shirt surely?

Oh it was most definitely orange. I saw it quite clearly as he knife killed me. Bastard.

Archived