shotgun as a secondary weapon?

Fatknees
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was looking for some advice regarding shotguns are people in favour as a secondary weapon or as backup instead of a pistol?

Ultimately whenever I use my shotgun depends on my feeling. For instance, it may stay in the gun bag for half the day then come out when I get tired of using my AEGs, or want to adapt my playstyle past the generic 'run, shoot and move up' tactic which is the bread and butter of automatic weapon users.

I like shotguns, franchi ASG Tri shot :)!

• 1 month later...

generally, tri shots are the way to go for shotguns, or those acm, marushin clones that fire 5 bbs per shot and have 3 internal magazines what hold 50 bbs each. But those are gas and expensive.

But tri shots are your best bet, the ones made by DE or the brand stealing ASG.

They are spring powered which means no maintenance required, put in a shell and you're ready to go.

They are generally quite fun to use as i've used one before but they can get tiring because the spring in the gun is a tonne stronger than other spring shotguns, so make sure you have a good left arm.

I got a DE M56C to use as a secondary, I even have a scabbard but just cant get it to fit right with my kit.

I have been switching out my AEG for it on defence games, but as Frizzle said you need a strong left arm to keep pumping it. After 100 shots I swear my left arm was about to fall off.

Archived