Looking to get into the sport.

JakeRymo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It's no problem, I'll have to have a think about which one of those would be better. I mean I like the looks of the MP5 better and it is the sort of weapon that would go with my gear. Yet the M4 (correct me if I'm wrong) would probably be alot better since most of the fields in England I've seen are woodland and there is quite alot of mid-range combat, so I'm not sure if the M4 would be better since I would have money to buy a charger and battery, plus maybe and extra mag. I also don't have to paint it green and the MP5 only has a 40 round mag, where as the M4 has a 450 high cap. Which would you choose?

Well all told I'd go for the M4 purely because all you need to have a day skirmishing is a battery and ammo. You can manage with just 1 450 mag. Also spare magazines are easy to get hold of as they are more common. The range on both guns would be about the same give or take, barrel length has less to do with range than you might think. How it looks is personal preference and once you have a defence you could paint the M4 or remove the orange paint from the MP5. On a personal note I think the transparent would be less obvious in the field over something that is painted in a similar shade to a traffic cone. But in all fairness both are good beginner guns.

personally i would get the G&G mp5. they are know for quality. its worth the bit extra for batteries and charge which is about 20 quid. they work fine in woodland. i have destroyed many a person with one held together with tape. you are always gonna have to buy extras for any gun.

• Supporters

I'd stick with the MP5 myself. Everyone and their dog has an M4 - it gets really tedious...

If you get the G&G MP5 from Zero One, they will two tone it for free and also give you a free voucher for £20 off a day skirmishing.

Their rep for customer service is up and down, but so far they've been very helpful to me and I'd have no worries about buying a gun from them.

BTW, if you want a two tone because you are u18, once you have been airsofting a few times, and can prove that you have (get a receipt say), or become a member of a site, you can legally "Manufacture a Realistic Imitation Firearm", ie take the bright paint off (with Fairy Power Spray :) search this forum or yt). But if you buy that SRC (which is also a good gun btw, but don't be swayed by 'full metal' - even a real MP5 has a fair bit of polymer on it), the orange isn't paint, the plastic is that colour and painting it is rarely that successful.

Also the customer service on that site is notoriously terrible. As Mike said, avoid any site with bbguns in the url - they are all variants of the same eshop site template and all have an inventory which is mainly utter shight about which they make outrageous exaggerated claims, or go further into outright lies (such as calling that SRC MP5 full metal). If you have any kind of problem with them, you'll have to really make a nuisance of yourself to get it sorted, and they're such a cowboy operation that they do supply more guns with problems than is typical - refund? Ha! As of now I don't know if they are all linked in any other way than using the same website template, but I do remember a fair while ago finding airsoft ebusinesses for sale on ebay, so they may well all be the retail fronts of a single supplier, each nominally owned and 'run' by a different pretty disinterested person...

Archived