Looking to get into the sport.

JakeRymo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey,

I want to get into the sport, I have all my gear lined up and that I just need some people to go with! If you would be happy for me to join you, please drop me a message! Thanks.

Local site? Area your from?

By gear, what gear have you got?

• Supporters

Fingers crossed that, by "lined up", you mean you've found gear which you want to buy and places to buy it from at a price you're happy with. Otherwise the usual experience we have on the forum is that you'll have bought stuff which you will regret, because it's either insufficiently robust or completely useless.

My own advice is here. Please feel free to ask any questions :)

I have all my gear, such as; boots, camo trousers, etc. I'm just waiting on my guns. I am thinking about playing in the east midlands or even somewhere a little more north. Hope this answers your questions :)

Local site? Area your from?

By gear, what gear have you got?

I have Spec-Ops style gear, hoping to get a H&K MP5 or P90, not sure what handgun to go with though. Any suggestions?

And I posted a couple of times about where I'll be going.

Fingers crossed that, by "lined up", you mean you've found gear which you want to buy and places to buy it from at a price you're happy with. Otherwise the usual experience we have on the forum is that you'll have bought stuff which you will regret, because it's either insufficiently robust or completely useless.

My own advice is here. Please feel free to ask any questions :)

Thanks for the advice, I don't want to spend too much money on weapons as such, as I will be going in at entry level with hardly any experience. Apart from going paintballing a couple of times, I haven't really tried it out but looks amazingly fun!

Yeah just saw.

WE are always good pistols to start off with.

I have a WE 3px4. GBB. £95 from pro airsoft supplies.

Had one problem with it after only skirmishing it 3 times, but nothing major and was easily put right, a dodgy bb got rammed inside and knocked something loose.

But is all good now, very heavy weight to it too!

And H&k aren't the manufacture of the weapon, try find out what company is.

I play in Milton Keynes, just wandered if yo was local :)

If you haven't gone before the best thing would be to go to your local site and hire a gun, firstly to make sure you enjoy it and make a start on getting your defense

Yeah just saw.

WE are always good pistols to start off with.

I have a WE 3px4. GBB. £95 from pro airsoft supplies.

Had one problem with it after only skirmishing it 3 times, but nothing major and was easily put right, a dodgy bb got rammed inside and knocked something loose.

But is all good now, very heavy weight to it too!

And H&k aren't the manufacture of the weapon, try find out what company is.

I play in Milton Keynes, just wandered if yo was local :)

Oh yes of course, H&K obviously aren't the manufacture of the gun. I just called it the H&K since that is the name of the real gun. I just checked out the gun, looks pretty neat.

If you haven't gone before the best thing would be to go to your local site and hire a gun, firstly to make sure you enjoy it and make a start on getting your defense

I have been paintballing a few times as I said, I really enjoyed it but I think the airsoft experience looks a bit more appealing than paintball. Minus the mess on your gear as well!

Oh yeah plus it's a lot cheaper on the ammo side of things! If you venture up T'North all the sites run by Cerberus are good as well as Skirmish Mansfield. Have a read of these , if you like what you see don't forget to like us on Facebook and add us on Twitter !

http://airsoftoperator.com/starting-airsoft/

http://airsoftoperator.com/tutorials-your-first-airsoft-gun/

Oh yeah plus it's a lot cheaper on the ammo side of things! If you venture up T'North all the sites run by Cerberus are good as well as Skirmish Mansfield. Have a read of these , if you like what you see don't forget to like us on Facebook and add us on Twitter !

http://airsoftoperator.com/starting-airsoft/

http://airsoftoperator.com/tutorials-your-first-airsoft-gun/

Cheers bud, great help!

Oh yes of course, H&K obviously aren't the manufacture of the gun. I just called it the H&K since that is the name of the real gun. I just checked out the gun, looks pretty neat.

Here is the MP5 I'm looking at http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/entry-level-airsoft-guns/sr5-a4-mp5-style-special-forces-sub-machine-airsoft-gun.html

No worries, you'll find tons of information on this forum and everyone is very helpful but you will have to excuse me I've to be up in the morning to shoot strangers in an old factory !

Haha, hope it goes well for you!

And a side note anything with "BB gun" in the web address tends to be rubbish. There's a sub section of this forum that has recommendations for retailers have a browse through those .

You see, I'm trying to keep my prices at £120 and below. So it's a little difficult to find something decent, and that gun is full metal excluding the orange plastic.

Archived