Sons of Guns

Baz JJ
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Did anybody see the episode the other night where they parallelled two M16s for the US military, watercooled them with a pump in a mag box and mounted them on a boat ?

I remember watching that episode a fairly long while ago. The newest ones (In the UK) seem to be the ones where they are trying to sell some custom made AR's that a PMC company didnt want to buy after a deal went bad.

• Supporters

Such a bunch of cocks, but it's compulsive viewing alright.

I love the internally suppressed AK they make and there was an ep a while back where they made Saiga shotguns for a PMC Co - super short, folding stock, rails smoothed off where unnecessary for low entanglement, and an update of the 'duck bill' muzzle brake so it can be used like a strike plate as well as spread the shot out horizontally rather than also vertically - who cares that it wouldn't work for airsoft? It looks so cool :)

Actually someone should make a gas powered Saiga...

• Supporters

Pretty much everything they've ever made belongs in the "Ed. let's play a game" thread.

Though that Saiga sounds intriguing.

I found the dual M16 thing a bit unbelievable though. Why would anyone want that when they have access to far more suitable alternatives?

• Supporters

Because they're all rednecks with more money than sense?

That other gun nut show American Guns seem to do a lot more of what I would call "nice guns". Rather than the out and out Franken-gun stuff that RJF turn out!

• Supporters

Actually Loz, that main bloke from American Guns is so slimy I can't watch it. He's like a slug living in a used condom in an alley frequented by prostitutes...

Actually Loz, that main bloke from American Guns is so slimy I can't watch it. He's like a slug living in a used condom in an alley frequented by prostitutes...

He's also very dodgy if you read some of the articles relating to his business practices! How they get away with charging people thousands to make custom canons etc and end up using plumbing pipes is beyond me :)

• Supporters

He's one of those people who literally could not do you a win-win deal if his life depended on it. He's like Geoffrey Archer in that he's so full of his own fantasy that everything coming out of his mouth is, to one extent or another, self-serving lies.

More than a little bit of the Jimmy Saville about him too...

Pretty much everything they've ever made belongs in the "Ed. let's play a game" thread.

Though that Saiga sounds intriguing.

I found the dual M16 thing a bit unbelievable though. Why would anyone want that when they have access to far more suitable alternatives?

*All together now, let's recite the RJF motto*

Becowz its neva bin dun befoe

• Supporters

*All together now, let's recite the RJF motto*

Becowz its neva bin dun befoe, bubba!

There you go.

And oh yeah Simon, £800 for a shooting biscuit tin? My hole...

• Supporters

I watched one the other night where a bloke turns up with a airsoft FMG 9 and they want to make one.

so they come up with this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwzwNOtZWRQ

Wow...

...I don't even.

• Supporters

He's one of those people who literally could not do you a win-win deal if his life depended on it. He's like Geoffrey Archer in that he's so full of his own fantasy that everything coming out of his mouth is, to one extent or another, self-serving lies.

More than a little bit of the Jimmy Saville about him too...

Yeah, but it makes amusing telly! :)

• Supporters

Will that runs RJF had his licence to produce guns taken off him for while too. On account of some receivers that weren't accounted for I think...

Ive worked in the states.

The biggest mistake Brits make is thinking that Americans are similar to them because of the language.

In actual fact, I think there is a bigger cultural gap between the UK and USA than the UK and many of her European neighbours.

I struggled in making myself understood (my meaning not the words) and their priorities and sense of values are very different to ours.

This shines through in this programme.

Ive experienced the gun culture first hand and its a little surreal even for Brit Airsofters.

I see Sons of Guns and American Guns as the TV equivalent of a car crash.

I know I shouldn't watch, part of me hates myself for watching it... but I can't stop.

That said, the episode where they turn a box of scrap metal into a working L4 Bren was quite interesting. And the re-built of the PIAT (although I nearly cried at their mangling of the history...)That's the stuff I like. It's when they do something that's "neva bin dun befoe" that I shake my head at. (Often because the thing they're "inventing" has already existed in a cheaper, safer form for several years...)

• Supporters

I've known a few yanks very well and yeah, we are extremely different. To a yank "never give a sucker an even break" isn't a slightly amusing exaggeration, its a credo. There are only two sorts of people, winners and losers, and they have to do whatever they can to avoid being the latter. They can't relax with acquaintances, as opposed to friends, in the same way we can.

But I can remember Brits being a lot more willing and able to trust each other than we are now. Thatcher saw to that. Give this Tory Govt 10yrs and we'll not be far off the yanks. The truly sad thing is that so many of the people whose lives are being steadily made worse think that becoming like the USA is a good thing. Difficult to understand whether it's because they have never known any different, so they can't see a clear comparison between a Britain with job security and higher wages, compared to the cost of living, and the low wage, low tax, low security, increasingly a-social Britain we have become.

The trouble is that there is nobody on the political horizon publicly asking, "If the theory that low taxes for upper level earners creates a thriving economy through a trickle down effect is correct, since that has been the prevalent philosophy of the whole Western world for 35 years, why is the whole Western world in recession?"

• Supporters

I've known a few yanks very well and yeah, we are extremely different. To a yank "never give a sucker an even break" isn't a slightly amusing exaggeration, its a credo. There are only two sorts of people, winners and losers, and they have to do whatever they can to avoid being the latter. They can't relax with acquaintances, as opposed to friends, in the same way we can.

But I can remember Brits being a lot more willing and able to trust each other than we are now. Thatcher saw to that. Give this Tory Govt 10yrs and we'll not be far off the yanks. The truly sad thing is that so many of the people whose lives are being steadily made worse think that becoming like the USA is a good thing. Difficult to understand whether it's because they have never known any different, so they can't see a clear comparison between a Britain with job security and higher wages, compared to the cost of living, and the low wage, low tax, low security, increasingly a-social Britain we have become.

The trouble is that there is nobody on the political horizon publicly asking, "If the theory that low taxes for upper level earners creates a thriving economy through a trickle down effect is correct, since that has been the prevalent philosophy of the whole Western world for 35 years, why is the whole Western world in recession?"

Yes, Ian.

That whole post is built of pure win.

Archived