what was Ground Zero weekend like?

jay83
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Im well up for doing that next year the though of Airsoft all weekend and chilling out at night with lads sounds wicked just wondering was it good? what were the games like? how many people were there ect

• Supporters

Yeah, it was great. It's all the best bits of airsoft exponentially better due to size, but the worst bits aren't much different to normal.

There aren't 'games' as such, like an ordinary skirmish day, there is one big game that runs all day Saturday then breaks and all day Sunday. There are various objectives that are on going and some which happen at predetermined locations at specific times. Loads of people don't bother with the objectives and just wander around looking for trouble. TBH the site is so big that the first time you play it you'll probably have little choice than to do that and maybe join in with an objective if something falls into your lap.

There's also a night game Saturday which is separate from the team scores of the daytime game.

About 1600 people, but not everyone is there to skirmish, even though it feels like it during the capture & hold objective Village battles at the end of both days.

You should definitely go. There'll be a bunch of us from this forum going again next year I expect. I'll probably organise communication again, getting the phone numbers of everyone who wants to swap them collected and sent to everyone. You never know, if Dev gets around to giving me the fvcking original image file of the logo (hint fvcking HINT!), we might have a flag... My point is that, even if you go on your own, there'll be people to meet up and, if you want, team up with.

Archived