Owning Rif's without a UKARA number

Justaguy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I'm new to the forum so I've been having a read around to see what's going on these days. I have a question that I hope you guys might be able to help me with.

I started air soft approx 8ish years ago. At that time I bought a what would now be called a Rif, a tokyo marui M4A1. Its black not two tone or clear. I've had a long break from air soft, about 6 or 7 years. During that time the law changed and now, well... you know the rules.

My question is this, what's my position as I am now? I own Rif's but am not a member of a site not do I have a UKARA member ship. I've started up airsoft again but obviously haven't bought any new weapons, just parts and kit.

It was my understanding that you just need the membership to buy rifs, not own them.

Thanks for your help,

• 5 months later...
Hi I'm new to the forum so I've been having a read around to see what's going on these days. I have a question that I hope you guys might be able to help me with.

I started air soft approx 8ish years ago. At that time I bought a what would now be called a Rif, a tokyo marui M4A1. Its black not two tone or clear. I've had a long break from air soft, about 6 or 7 years. During that time the law changed and now, well... you know the rules.

My question is this, what's my position as I am now? I own Rif's but am not a member of a site not do I have a UKARA member ship. I've started up airsoft again but obviously haven't bought any new weapons, just parts and kit.

It was my understanding that you just need the membership to buy rifs, not own them.

Thanks for your help,

HI all, im in the same boat as justaguy!! used to play airsoft bigtime around 2002 but been out of it a while and sold my guns ages ago, now im thinking of getting back into it and low n behold all this rubbish about ukara stuff!! very confusing!! when i started i formed a club and i managed to find 15acres of private land to play, so am i right in thinking that i need this license thingy just to buy the gun? and play on my own private land without any worrys...

realistic Imitation Firearm (black guns)

an IF is an imitation firearm (two tone guns)

Right ok its kinda making sense i think!! so i just need a license to buy the guns and i go out on any private land and shoot with owners consent of course, many thanks dave for your reply, was just thinking then what if i dont have the license and play on private land anyway???

• AF-UK Founding Member
Right ok its kinda making sense i think!! so i just need a license to buy the guns and i go out on any private land and shoot with owners consent of course, many thanks dave for your reply, was just thinking then what if i dont have the license and play on private land anyway???

Assuming I've read this correctly:

You can't play without a gun, and you can't buy without a defence so..

Assuming I've read this correctly:

You can't play without a gun, and you can't buy without a defence so..

Jesus doesnt seem worth bothering about!! so i have to go to a skirmish pay them lots of money then get a license thingy and hopefuly that should be it? crazy

You can Rent weapons at your site however! so rent 3 times get your UKARA SORTED! :)

so..............when that is done i can get my club up n running and play on private land and alls well.. is that right?

Didn't you already say you own guns? In that case none of this matters... the issue is with buying guns not using them.

justaguy has his guns already but im without so kinda lost with all the new laws

• AF-UK Founding Member
justaguy has his guns already but im without so kinda lost with all the new laws

Right.

So you either need to go down the 2-tone route or rent from your site for 3 games in no less than 2 months and then you can get on the UKARA database.

Right.

So you either need to go down the 2-tone route or rent from your site for 3 games in no less than 2 months and then you can get on the UKARA database.

so i can buy a nice shiny red n green one and thats ok which is 2 tone kinda funky i guess, but cant imagine a nice ca mp5 in pink though!!! :blink:

Most likely come in green or blue. Depends where you're buying from.

with a bit camo over it wont be so bad i guess..lol mad how things have changed and sods law is that its the cheapo guns from bargain land which are the culprit!! not responsible people like ourselves using for good intentions (well if you can call shooting yer best mate in the arse good...lol)

Red wolf? as in Red wolf airsoft? as in the one in japan or where ever? i think you mean Wolf Armouries lol

Archived