Help me choose a new pistol?

Ian_Gere
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Firstly no 1911's or Glock 17-18-19's.

Budget: £200 inc total 3 gas mags

Requirements

max 350FPS with green gas

GBB or NBB

Gas mags & CO2 mags available

Double stack mags, min approx 18rnds

I want a pistol which will be good for CQB and those sites which are frightened of CO2, but I'd like to have the option to buy CO2 mags for it at some later date so I can use it as an effective alternative to an AEG on woodland sites.

Edit: oops, PLEASE :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Option 1:

WE P226 with 3 mags (C02 avaliable)

Total £120

Option 2:

WE XDM with 3 mags

Total £123.50

Option 3:

WE M&P with 3 mags

Total £122

I'd personally go for Option 1 (only because I prefer the look of a SIG

• Supporters

Yeah the Sig does look good. Have either of you got link/s for gas & CO2 mags?

Can't say I like the look of the XDM... too Glock-like by half :lol:

• Supporters

The only Makarov that's anywhere near skirmishable, that I've found, is the new Umarex one but that's still 370FPS - there was another one I looked at a while back, but it was 430FPS... have you got a link to a sub 350FPS one?

Don't like the look of Lugers much.

• Supporters

What is the issue with the M&P then, Marcus?

• Supporters

Something to do with the outer barrel breaking or something- Ed knows, I was after one but he said that two of his friends broke very quickly. They're also known to fire full auto from time to time as well. I believe that its something to do with the sear design.

• Supporters

Ah. That is a bummer cos the changeable backstrap looks like it might help me a lot.

Don't go action hobbies, I live round the corner from it and have had a bad experience there with the owner. He's not very customer friendly, and more or less verbally insults you while he is working!

I would go to pro airsoft supplies. Very good customer service!

I got a WE 3px4 pit bull.

I think it retails around £80. Very nice weight to it, very life like weight infact!

It has a very good strong GBB.

Mags hold around 24 bbs, and retail around £17.

Hope this helps :)

PX4? I think they have the changeable back straps too.

Although it is a girls gun.

It's not girls gun, I got one :(.

Yeah three back straps to it too. ;)

TM hi-capa (I've got a 4.3) from eliteshootingcentre, and 3 mags, only fires 285fps, but it goes for miles and the cycling is beautiful. £200 should get you the gun and 3mags as well as pay for the shipping. Talk to mike cripps, he's very knowledgeable and helpful.

I'd recommend using a basic fabric holster or having a kydex made up for it as there aren't any retention holsters made for it.

aye the WE GBB Bulldog/PX4 Compact is quite nice, feels great to fire, comes with 2 mags. My first skirmish with it in woodland got me 2 kills.

TM hi-capa (I've got a 4.3) from eliteshootingcentre, and 3 mags, only fires 285fps, but it goes for miles and the cycling is beautiful. £200 should get you the gun and 3mags as well as pay for the shipping. Talk to mike cripps, he's very knowledgeable and helpful.

I'd recommend using a basic fabric holster or having a kydex made up for it as there aren't any retention holsters made for it.

Seconding this. Fired and messed with one at AirsoftEire and it's a beautiful pistol. Lots of spare parts,seems rather mechanically simple,accurate as f*ck and the kick and cycle is spot on. It's hard and fast,kick is blistering when firing really fast.

A friend of mine has hi capa 7.1. The hi capas all seem good!

• Supporters

get the TM one.

no, it's not in stock anywhere at the moment.

no, I don't know how long you'll have to wait for a TM, but I can guarantee the wait is worth it!

Firesupport has over 40 in stock apparently.

been thinking about getting me one of these >>http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-pistols/asg-mk23-socom-pistol.htm

the SOCOM is a very big pistol even without the silencer. I just purchased the Umerax version and didn't like the size so sold it straight on after one use. The version I had was very accurate and had a good kick too but just didn't feel like my kind of pistol.

Archived