finally got my Ohshiboom .... out of the box issue .. now resolved :D (warning big pics)

sp00n
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

ok so i finally got my ohshiboom ... but i am not impressed by the quality

null_zpsfcadffa1.jpg?t=1380625153

fresh out of the box

null_zps7a5801d5.jpg?t=1380625160

Chrome flaking/missing ... already!!!

null_zps211bf6ba.jpg?t=1380625167

the worst part, this is where the shot gun primers should go ... but due to the damage/dimpling, they wont fit in smoothly, and i suspect that they will get stuck :angry::angry::angry::angry:

overall .... not impressed! and i have not even used it yet! :angry:

My friend has one and it has been flawless so far. Did you buy it brand new or second hand?

If you got it over the Internet you have 7 days in which you can send it back no questions asked for a refund as long as you have the packageing.

In addition you have your usual consumer rights.

If it isn't 'fit for purpose' or is defective you can send it back for a refund from the retailer you got it from.

I wouldn't be emailing them.

I'd be in there office windmilling in at people lol

• Supporters

That has to be used; it looks like it got caught making a bid for freedom from a school metalwork shop ffs! Full refund including any postage if they don't produce the new one free toot sweet...

That's a shame mate. I know a few people who have them and have heard nothing but good things. Looks like a slight fail on the QC front, I'm sure they'll sort it out quickly for you!

• Supporters

original on the left, new on the right :D

null_zps3b5115e3.jpg?t=1380919052

null_zps224167ad.jpg?t=1380919094

null_zpsf4523280.jpg?t=1380919058

now i cannot wait to use it!! shotgun primers fall in/out with ease (maybe fall is the wrong word but you get the picture ;) ) :lol::lol:

• Supporters

worked flawlessly when i used it on Sunday .... twice ... one to test it ... once to unload it at the end of the day .... i need to work on my pyro skills lol :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

seriously every time i got it out, and was gunna use it someone would kamikaze lol, same with my claymore lol

• Supporters

never seen these before! looks are stunning! and love the name once I realised what it meant!

not bad price either, shame they aren't timed.

i asked them about a timed one, i was told that they have one in development :D:D ... but i may be 6 months before its ready :(:(

• Supporters

I got 3 kills with a round pea grenade on Sunday - they are so much easier to throw accurately than MK V or MK IX flashbangs. Not that I don't want a reusable grenade at some point, but the whole thing of rolling them or bowling them underarm is a bit of a wank when it comes to throwing a grenade from good cover on a woodland site. Not that I want woodland airsoft to become an enforced arms race of artillery either, but what we need is something reusable which explodes in a sufficiently spherical pattern that it doesn't need a lump of metal to prevent Newton's consequences turning it into a short-lived, but high initial acceleration, missile.

I'm thinking of getting a Thunder B anyway. Does anybody know if they are light enough to lob?

I'm thinking that something could be made mainly from nylon, with just the chamber, firing pin, and its spring made from steel, plus maybe aluminium, but also maybe ceramic to hold the timer mech, spring, and pin. I'm imagining something with a perforated sphere as a secondary chamber around the blank for the gas to expand into.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have just some across this thread and as i director of OhShiBoom thought i would reply.

Sp00n we are sorry you had the issue with the original adapter, and we are pleased you are happy with the replacement. We have done an internal investigation on what caused the damage, and the results were the adapter was damaged during shipping from our manufactured to us for final assemble, and unfortunately it slipped thought our quality process. We have now changed the way we do things to make sure a issue like this never happens again. of all the stock we have sold since we started trading in May this the the first time we have had a issue like this, and we will be making sure it is our last.

Making you guys and girls happy is our number one priority, and we pride ourselves on our customer service, resolving issues as quickly and painlessly as possible. Which i think we managed to this occasion.

All items sold on our site are brand new and unused. In the future we may start selling reconditioned stock, and if we do they will be clearly marked as used, and priced accordingly.

• Supporters

Can't say fairer than that!

Welcome to the forums, btw :)

• 1 month later...

Unfortunatly I have got the same problem as this, not really very happy, I rememebered this thread when I got it out of the box yesterday while the primer fits in perfectly all the chrome work is chipped and scratched, part of me thinks that its only going to be rolled around and that will happen anyway but they aren't cheap so why dhouldn't I have a perfect one first time for me to then knacker up.

http://postimg.org/image/eji7m3o4z/

http://postimg.org/image/9pp9prcvx/

my mood wasn't improved when my new G&G gen 3 M4 has a chip out of the barrell, again I don't think it will effect performance but when you have spent so much money you want it right

hoping for speedy resolution but not good enough on either counts

http://postimg.org/image/raprzb295/

Mine wasn't perfectly smooth but like you said, it's only going to happen after a few throws anyway. It still works perfectly fine so I didn't bother complaining about it.

One thing to add, definitely add some high vis to the little bugger, they had a tendency to roll away from where you think it is!

• Supporters

Just doesn't inspire confidence, does it? For my part, even when the charge is only a .209 primer, I want to feel confident in the kit when explosives are involved.

As for the M4, that's a total bollock. They'd better sort it out, eh? I'd want an apology pressie too, or I'd be tempted to just get my money back.

Its annoying, was planning a drive down to JD airsoft tomorrow to spend some christmas money and have a go with it but obviously can't do that now. I've emailed Stef at Skirmish so hopefully it will be sorted out before a week on Sunday when I want to use it for the first time.

Archived